I thought you would like an answer from a person who plays TCG!
A fake card normally contains some of the following features:
- Moves which the card does not officially have.
- Moves with less Energy and excess power than original.
- A backside with unusual and brighter in Contrast.
- Wrong font and move text.
- Some cards with no Copyright Date or an Illustrator at the bottom.
- Some random picture which has nothing to do with Pokemon.
- A website from where the card was created.
Fake Zapdos Lv.X
So here, is a perfect example of a fake card. This is slightly to bright, and can clearly look fake. See the difference?