Using the move Soak on a Shedinja would leave it with only two types of attacks that would kill it (rather than the usual five), one of which (Grass) is an uncommon attack type and the other (Electric) can be redirected to other Pokemon using the Lightningrod ability. I was thinking of a doubles team consisting of the following Pokemon:
Lead 1] Shedinja (X-Scissor, Shadow Sneak, Swords Dance, Protect)
Lead 2] Lumineon, Alomomola, Basculin, Seaking or Golduck (Soak, other utility moves)
Backup 1] Manectric (Lightningrod ability, Discharge, Overheat, Volt Switch, HP Ice)
Backup 2] Infernape (Heat Wave, Grass Knot, Close Combat, Taunt)
My main win condition would revolve around eliminating all ways to take Shedinja out and leaving the opponent pretty much helpless. Since Shedinja is leading off and would obviously never switch out, entry hazards are not a choice anymore. Using Soak to change the types it takes to kill him is key in this, because Grass-type attacks are rare in standard play and almost anything that could possibly carry one would eat a Fire-type attack from Infernape or Manectric. The threat of Electric-type attacks is more immediate but easier to deal with using Manectric's ability to redirect Electric attacks towards it to boost its Special Attack. If the strategy goes off without a hitch, all that could reliably kill Shedinja would be a really unexpected Grass attack, Sand Stream, Snow Warning, or some Pokemon (notably Haxorus) with Mold Breaker. Should Shedinja fall in battle, Infernape would play the clean-up crew, with his type coverage likely destroying (in a horribly painful fashion) whomever killed Shedinja.
Since they each have their perks, the toughest choice for me is deciding which Soak user to have on the team:
- Lumineon can also set up Tailwind or Safeguard, and U-Turns out once its job is done
- Alomomola is bulky as hell and can also use stuff like Wish and its Healer ability to help the team
- Basculin is the fastest Soak user and also gets Taunt to prevent random statuses from hitting Sheddy
- Seaking can act as a second Lightningrod user and has Megahorn to hit Grass-types that mess this up
- Golduck's Cloud Nine ability would stop sand/hail starters from coming in and laughing in my face
What do you guys think? Is there anything to improve on?