Yveltal is so cool ! I love it. I'm gonna buy Pokémon Y at christmas time so it's my gift after all my efforts at school, if ya all understand.
Yveltal: The Destruction Pokémon.
The Physical Variant:
Yveltal @ Choice Scarf:
Trait: Dark Aura
EV: 252 ATK / 252 Spe / 4 HP
• Rock Slide / Dragon Rush
• Phantom Force / Steel Wing
• Foul Play / Sucker Punch
• Acrobatics / U-Turn / Sky Attack
This guy has a lot of possibilities to run in a physical set. It's gonna be uber for sure. The first move is up to you: If you want a check against Ice, then Rock Slide may satisfy you. Yveltal must be able to outspeed other Scarf users in Ubers as Reshiram, that's why you have Dragon Rush, which also has a very good power, but an unreliable accuracy. Phantom Force is kinda a Shadow Force with more PP and less power, but not only it has a decent 90 basepower but also it has the ability to hurt for indeed admirable damage Giratina, which is quite common in Ubers as a phazer. On the other hand, Steel Wing inflicts decent damage and offers a check against Xerneas's fairy type, which is useful. Foul Play may use Zekrom and Rayquaza's respective honorable attack against themselves with a very nice 95 base, while Sucker Punchcan receive a priority boost if well used, against a choice user, to finish it. Ah! Yveltal has so much options! It's gonna be mine! It has the ability not to be deja vu, it has an admirable speed with a great offensive. It also has a pretty nice bulk. Acrobatics can be used with a Flying Gem, and thus hits for nasty damage against the foe, while Sky Attack benefits a power boost but for a 2 turns-attacking move. U-Turn can be used to scout and has a nice basepower.
• I would use Steel Wing on a special set using Big Root for Oblivion Wing, because without it, if Yveltal won't learn Sludge Bomb, Xerneas will enjoy to destroy the destruction.
• Shadow Ball can be used, but it provides the same exact coverage as it's inferior: Dark Pulse.
• U-Turn can be used in a mixed variant with Foul Play so that Yveltal can scout and won't find too much problems to do.
• Yveltal can be used in a team with a Pokémon that has Hidden Power [Dark] to get a maximum use of Dark Aura in a double battle.
• Yveltal can make a use of any other item than Choice Scarf, but the Scarf is mainly here to assure some more speed that Yveltal may need.
• Yveltal combines amazingly well with Greninja, which both are my favorite this gen alongside Heliolisk: Greninja has Dark Pulse which gets a boost of Dark Aura, but careful against fairies.
Hope I helped!