Did a question or answer you posted seemingly vanish? It was probably hidden. If you are not sure why, you may use this thread to ask why. Any new posts asking why questions were hidden will be hidden. Please follow these steps before posting:
Step 1: Read the rules page. You should have done this already. The most common reasons questions are hidden are because they are:
- purely opinion or discussion-based e.g. "what is your favorite Pokemon"
- on the wrong section e.g. a team question on Pokebase instead of Battle Subway
- a "rate my team" post not including all the required information (Moves, Ability, Items, Nature, EVs or Roles).
- an in-game "rate my team" post (ie. teams for use in the main storyline) instead of a competitive team
- way too trivial e.g. "what level does Bulbasaur evolve at?"
- a moveset question (they already exist or will be asked by a designated account soon)
- a trade or Friend Code exchange request
- duplicates of other questions.
Answers and comments may be hidden if they are inflammatory or offensive, or if they post on a resolved question with no important new insight. Posts may also be hidden for having particularly bad grammar or otherwise being difficult to read.
Step 2: Read the rules again because you probably didn't read them close enough.
Step 3: Read the rules again.
Step 4: Re-read the rules before posting because you probably ignored the majority of this post. Ignoring things is what got you here in the first place!
Step 5: If you are sure you didn't break any rules, post an answer here asking why your question was hidden. Please try to include a link to the post in question, so that it can be accessed quickly; you should be able to find it in your browser history.
Once you have posted, a mod or other senior user will comment and tell you why your post was removed. The purpose of this thread is not to discuss or debate these decisions; please be civil and do not complain.
Also note that if you made a post that doesn't show up straight away -- as if it was hidden instantly -- then it probably needs to be approved. There is a message that tells you this when it happens. A Moderator or Editor will get to it soon and approve it (or reject it if it breaks the rules). Please be patient, sometimes due to imperfect time zone coverage it takes several hours for us to do this. (Once you reach 26 points, you'll skip this process entirely.)