If you are trying out for Ubers, OU, UU, Random Battle/Challenge Cup, please read:
So as we all know, Ubers, OU, UU tiers have been in testing. (Random battle and CC obviously have been) If you want to be a leader in any of the above tiers please,
- Have a replay of a good battle in your selected tier(s) [Note: 6-0ing someone in 8 or so turns is not, in my opinion, considered a "good" battle. A good battle is defined as a close match between someone close to your skill, with good predictions from you and overall showing your skills]
- A Showdown Ladder ranking of 1300+ on your selected tier. (If this deems to be too low I'll raise it depending on the popular demand on what the ranking should be.
Sorry Nu and Ru leaders, I'm still waiting for the beta to come out for those tiers
To prevent biased judgement on picking the leaders later on, I'll settle this now
Looking for potential "judges" to judge how good replay is when picking leaders. I'm looking for 2-3 unbiased and fair users who think they are good at spotting when someone is deemed good at battling or when someone is just facing an opponent who isn't as skilled as they are.
Also, when leaders are being decided, keep in mind that the league should not have 5 or 6 pro battlers as the GL's, we want the league to be tough, but the league shouldn't be impossible to a challenger. This may seem unfair, but unless we switch to Monotype (Like the games) this league will be impossible to a challenger who is expected to master all the tiers in order to beat the league. Obviously E4 and Champ are going to be pro, but GL should not.
This is to even out the league a little.
If this seems unfair in any way, shape, or form, please tell me.
If anyone wants to help in building the league, please leave a comment.
People trying out for Judge
So as we all know the previous leagues have somewhat failed. However, the main problem with that league was that:
1. It was way to big. 8 GL's + 4 E4 + 1 Champ = 13 Users just in the league! I don't think Pokebase is up to that yet. We have to start small, work our way up to large.
2. The main Battleground was on Showdown, and last time we had about 5 - 7 users on a day. Now, we have around 20 users everyday!
So Mike gave me permission to start a smaller league. Same concept, less GL's.
The new idea is:
- We have 5-6 GL's (We can shorten is to 4 but that would be really small)
- 4 E4. I guess it could be 2 E4 but then that wouldn't be Elite 4 would it :P
- 1 Champion, as usual. (Hex or Mew probs xP)
That's only 10 - 11 people out of the 20 that come on daily
Sure some people left, but there are many new faces that can challenge the league and it doesn't have to be big, there's no problem with it being small, and I'm sure come summer time we'll get even more :)
Also don't forget, in the event that this one is too big, we can do 4 GL / 2 E4 / 1 Champ, but that's plan 2.
So how about it, DB? New Year, New League!
I have found some candidates who might like to be GL/E4.
Mew, Flaf, i suck qq, Dr.Flame, Pokewatt, Lenub, MrK, Alpha, Semp, Aeternis, Miror Bro, Jarjar, Jofly, Pikamster, Ninja, Hex, tazzie, Ionization, Blob, Mike, Ben, Vast White Warrior, SlipperyDevil, MewC, fondant, Recoded, Poke/, Starpower, Fizzcube,
If you would like to be on here, please leave a comment.
If you are one of these people ^ and would like to apply, please also leave a comment :P I will be looking at the comments and will hopefully be narrowing this list down. Btw, no hurries, we are still waiting for tiers to settle, so take your sweet time getting ready and stuff. I'll bump this once all tiers are in Beta testing and Smogon is starting to stabilize things a little.
Anyway, the tier we need a GL most in is RU, so if you specialize or are pretty good in RU, we would gladly accept.
Also, if anyone else would like to help with this feel free!
Take your time with this, but if you want to be a GL, please give some good replays of you beating someone :P
People who are currently trying out to be GL: