So as we all know the previous leagues have somewhat failed. However, the main problem with that league was that:
1. It was way to big. 8 GL's + 4 E4 + 1 Champ = 13 Users just in the league! I don't think Pokebase is up to that yet. We have to start small, work our way up to large.
2. The main Battleground was on Showdown, and last time we had about 5 - 7 users on a day. Now, we have around 20 users everyday!
So Mike gave me permission to start a smaller league. Same concept, less GL's.
The new idea is:
- We have 5-6 GL's (We can shorten is to 4 but that would be really small)
- 4 E4. I guess it could be 2 E4 but then that wouldn't be Elite 4 would it :P
- 1 Champion, as usual. (Hex or Mew probs xP)
That's only 10 - 11 people out of the 20 that come on daily
Sure some people left, but there are many new faces that can challenge the league and it doesn't have to be big, there's no problem with it being small, and I'm sure come summer time we'll get even more :)
Also don't forget, in the event that this one is too big, we can do 4 GL / 2 E4 / 1 Champ, but that's plan 2.
So how about it, DB? New Year, New League!
Hello DB, it's that time of year again! Yep, the DB League is finally in action.
So the judges have decided; since the Ru and Nu beta's are taking forever to activate, we are starting the League a little bit earlier than expected. However remember, upon the release of Gen 6 RU and NU Beta, the Gym Leader decisions may be reconsidered. You will essentially have to reshow us that you can battle in those tiers, just in Gen 6.
Also note to all unsuccessful candidates - Remember that the league was designed on the basis of 'good' but not op. We, the judges made the decision to eliminate the Players who were deemed at a level too high for the League.
And no they did not vote for themselves. :3
So yes, RU beta has been released. Candidates for RU, you know who you are. Start laddering and getting replays for that area, since we're probably going to redo RU leader. New candidates can enter of course.
Welcome, the New DB League!
Gym Leader 1 - 5th Gen NU
Gym Leader 2 - 5th Gen RU
Gym Leader 3 - 6th Gen Ubers
Gym Leader 4 - 6th Gen OU
Gym Leader 5 - 6th Gen UU
tazzie - 6th Gen OU
Aeternis - Double Battles
A random dice roll determines your fate! Who will you face, Hex, or Mew?*
Guidlines for League
- A battle is not counted as an official match unless the Challanger states so before the match.
- GLs (E4s as well) are not allowed to deny a match, unless for a valid reason eg. School in 5 minutes or something like that
- All the normal etiquitte stuff
- In regards to Mew and Hexy Champions, anyone who has made it that far should get an auth to use !pickrandom for them to decide who.
Optional - please feel free to comment on this part of the League below. This has not been confirmed yet, and is subject to change depending on the views of the DB community.
The Deathless Walk!
Most people will expect the league to be easy, and for the ones that do, there's something here for you to do.
To walk in the footsteps of the Deathless, first you must beat the League. You have to beat the GL's once, and E4 TWICE. You only have to beat the e4 twice IF you didn't beat the Champ the first time round. (However, you don't need to rebattle the GL's if you beat them once already.
You do NOT need to beat the champion.
What is the Deathless Walk? Let me explain.
The Deathless Walk is made up of 6 Deathless, and one True Deathless King.
You must beat the Deathless in order, and if you beat one, you get a checkpoint. (AKA: You don't have to restart once you lose to a certain person)
IF you beat the champion of the league, you have the option to battle the first two Deathless. If you beat them both, you shall take the spot of the second Deathless, and the second Deathless gets demoted to first, and the first gets kicked out.
The deathless will be made up of the DB's 7 BEST battlers, in their BEST tier.
So, for you people who think the League is a breeze.
Are you Deathless?
This isn't starting just yet, I still need people to become "deathless", and +, I doubt all y'all nublets can beat the league anyway :D
AD - doubles
Dr.Flame - 5th Gen UU
Lenub - RU (?)
Hex - OU (?)
Mew - OU (?)
JCM - NU
Deathless King: To Be Determined