List of Tutors:
Timezone: GMT + 11 (GMT + 10 when out of Daylight Savings)
Availability: Varies, look for me on chat or tell me yours
PS Usernames: Sempiternus, Knightofdragon, AncientWarGreymon
I teach Battling Strategy and Ubers . So ;
- Basic Battling and Strategy
- How to not press the super effective move immediately. Sorry I mean prediction.
- Utilising the peanuts we call brains
- More advanced Ubers, Gen 6 and Gen 5.
- Not complaining about Legendaries
I'm a more hands-on guy so I'll be making you get a lot of experience rather than yell at you through chat. However that's pretty fun too. Anyway while I'm teaching overall battling things, I'll also be happy to do some basic tier-specific stuff. I'll also be doing Ubers for people who want to get to a higher level in that tier specifically and are already at a decent/basic level for that.
I expect from an apprentice;
- Basic knowledge of teambuilding
- A way of typing/speaking which I can understand
- Uses Pokemon Showdown
Note: I would much prefer tutees with a similar timezone
Timezone: CET (GMT +1)
Availability: Basically every day past 7 PM.
PS Usernames: Flafpert
Il be teaching Gen 5 UU Battling. This means you will be learning:
- How to survive in UU.
- What fauna not to disrupt.
- Basic UU battling where necessary (prediction, synergy, teambuilding).
So I'll be teaching Gen 5 UU. Everything about Gen 5 UU. All that you need to know to survive in this harsh, unforgiving wilderness. But if you just want to get into competitive battling, without prior knowledge, il happily take you in.
What I expect from a apprentice:
- Fairly available (corresponding timezone a plus)
- Uses Pokemon Showdown!
I won't be accepting any more tutees until the end of February
Timezone: Mountain Time Zone (UTC-07:00)
Availability: Normally Tuesday-Saturday from around 10am to 3 pm (sudden changes may apply)
PS Usernames: MrKijani / The Drowned Sailor / The Elds of Rado
I teach advanced battling skills, including:
- Reading your opponent
If you're interested I can help you raise your battling to a new level by utilizing some of the more basic and complex strategies, how to utilize them effectively, predicting on a more advanced level, reading your opponent's team, and how to handle different playstyles.
What I expect from my apprentice:
- Good understanding of teambuilding (you don't need to build an effective team, just know how to do it)
- Able to battle on an intermediate level
- Asks lots of Questions (not a must but definitely nice)
Timezone: Arizona Mountain Time (GMT -7)
Availability: Usually 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM. Look for me on the DB Server.
I only use Pokemon Showdown!
I teach Basic Teambuilding, which includes:
- How to build a balanced, synergized team
- All weather except Hail
- The basics of EV spreads, Natures, and IVs
If you're relatively new to competitive battling or feel like your teams are missing something, I'm your girl. I prefer to teach by making you learn, so expect to battle me a lot while I give you instructions in Private Message or the Battle Chat.
I'm willing to work with anyone with any style, provided they can listen. Once you've learned the basics and some of the most common sets, I'll introduce you to the wonder of creating your own, unique sets. My goal is to get you to a level where you are skilled enough to find your own style.
I can teach any tier, but my preferred ones are: Ubers, OU, UU, and NU.
Weather-wise, I can train you in anything except Hail. (If you really want to touch on Hail, I can give you some movesets, but otherwise, you're out of luck.)
What I expect from an apprentice:
- Willingness to listen and learn
- Understandable grammar
- Uses Pokemon Showdown!
Timezone: CET (GMT +1)
Availability: Every day past 8 PM.
PS Usernames: Leader Demon, AlphaDraconis
I will tutor Smogon Doubles and VGC
I can tutor Basic and Advanced Doubles and VGC. I'll teach how to stand your ground in this fastpaced metagame . I'll learn you sets and strategies commonly used in this format and also how to teambuild effectively. So wanna make it double? Join in!
Expectations from my apprentice:
- Basic knowledge of EVs and IVs and natures
- A certain basic idea of topthreats in Doubles (not required)
Availability: Weekdays, Around 3-5 p.m. Weekends, anytime
PS Usernames: DoctorFlame
I teach a more advanced skill of battling Basically,
- Better teams
- My main tier is UU, however I am good in most tiers (doesn't include NU or LC or Doubles)
I like to build creative teams and I guess my teaching style will show that. :o? Anyway if you want me as a tutor basically just know that I will be teaching through battling and P-Pad.
What hopefully my apprentice has :D
- Good internet
- Patience (Hopefully)
Availability: Weekdays, Around 5-11 p.m. Weekends, anytime
PS Usernames: PimpNubz, Infamous
I teach many things Basically,
- Tiers: OU, LC, and OU Monotype. If you are instrested in any other those(mostly Monotype and LC) im you guy.
- Many other things
Like Flame if you want me as a tutor know that I will be teaching through battling and P-Pad, and on occasion the Classroom on the DB Server.
What I would like my apprentices to be like
- A actual desire to learn
- Patience, I dont want anybody to constantly bother me, which means if I dont respond to you right away dont keep typing my name, that irritates me.
- A basic understanding of battling, im not looking for someone who can tangle with the best of them just someone i dont need to teach the basics to.
availability: weekdays 6-9 (varies), weekends unpredictable
PS! usernames: tazzie
I teach basics
- Basic Prediction
- Basic Teambuilding
- what not to use
I will be teaching though the classroom on our server, P-pad, and just find me on the server
What I expect in apprentices
- Eager to learn
- good grammar
- uses PS!