I know we're not a competitive site, but the majority of teams on the Battle Subway are absolute crap. We also have a multitude of old teams that are unanswered, and obsolete. So I have two propositions (although I'm sure it'd be a bit better over Summer because more Mods and Editors are active then anyway)
Hide really old posts. Seriously, do we need to go back and read Gen 3 teams? These can be hidden, purely to get rid of them. DT has mentioned this before although it was never really expanded on.
Bad teams. I'm aware that we're not a competitive site, that doesn't excuse us for having no rules regarding completely crap teams. Teams should actually be rateable, I shouldn't look at a team and go "The only way to fix this is to smash his hard drive and get him to start again", I should be able to look at a team and go "Needs a check for Talonflame, and slight EV spread changes". That's really the only difference. Obviously to moderate this the moderators or editors would need a decent understanding of the metagame, Mew, Lenub, Mike, and a few others are such people. I don't expect this to be resolved immediately, and probably shouldn't be until Summer begins because of Activity fluctuations, but perhaps we could implement a Battle Subway Editor if possible, allowing someone with actual metagame knowledge to remove bad teams, hide obsolete teams, and generally keep it a much cleaner place.
- Generally bad sets, not even remotely viable (such as Physical Alakazam)
- Bad formatting, formatting should generally follow the PS importable formats for easier testing and reading (example of format)
- Older teams that have become obsolete (Gen 3 teams, teams with banned strategies)
- Bad spelling and grammar leaves little incentive to answer
- DT made some good suggestions regarding a cleaner Battle Subway here
Bad Team example
Rateable Team example
Good Team example