I haven't made a new Team for quite a while and my previous teams aren't doing so well with BW2 so here it is. For those of you who don't know what Volt-Turn is, you should be very afraid. With the moves U-Turn and Volt Switch, I easily put on pressure and gain momentum for my team because my opponent will have to constantly switch out. Well without further a due, here it is:
(Genie) Landorus @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
Evs: 128 HP / 128 Def / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly (+Spe, -Sp.Atk)
- Earthquake - Obvious why, this move has 100 BP paired with STAB racking it all the way up to 150 making it very powerful. With Sand Force, he can abuse it even more with the 30% boost.
- Stone Edge - While how unreliable I've found Stone Edge to be, I need it for the coverage with Earthquake. 100 base power is pretty good while giving me phenomenal coverage.He can also abuse Stone Edge with his ability giving him 30% more power.
- Hammer Arm - Although the HP Ice really helps against Giscor, I would really just U-Turn into something that can take him out (Rotom-W). Hammer Arm completes Landorus' coverage taking out any Air Balloon pokemon like Heatran and Excadrill.
- U-turn - Being the main theme of this team, it's obvious (like really obvious) why I have it. It has 70 BP and allows me to switch out putting pressure and giving me momentum.
I love this guy for various reasons.Usually, this thing is slapped a Choice Scarf/Band on it so with a bulky set like this, it has the potential to set some people off. With weather leads being very common in the OU metagame, leading with Landorus allows me to use 195 BP Earthquake and 130 BP Stone Edge. Defensively, he provides great typing with Ground and Flying allowing me to be immune to any opposing Earthquake/Earth Power and also take any fighting move fairly well. Evs give me speed and more bulk allowing me to taking more hits for the team.
(Scissors) Scizor (M)@ Life Orb
Evs: 248 Hp / 252 Atk / 8 Sp.Def
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -Spe)
- Bullet Punch - Incredible move on Scizor, especially with Technician. Priority with Base 90 accounting STAB and Technician. It allows him to finish off weakened pokemon.
- Superpower - Coverage with Bullet Punch taking out any steel type counters like Heatran and Ferrothorn.
- Pursuit - Pursuit works great on Scizor because I can easily switch him in when another pokemon U-Turns/Volt Switches out. I can then effectively KO or at least greatly damage Psychic pokemon like Reuniclus, Slowbro, and Choice locked Lati@s.
- U-Turn - See Landorus' U-Turn
A simple Choice Band set deals vast amounts of damage with STAB U-Turn which is very favorable. Scizor has Bullet Punch which is greatly needed for this team for priority. It takes out the likes of Terrakion and Revenge Kill anything weak enough. Bug/Steel typing nets him a net full of resistances. Steel Typing allows him to take any dragon moves for Forretress when needed.
(Forrestress) Forretress(M) @Leftovers
Evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Sp.Def
Ivs: 0 Spe
Nature: Relaxed (+Def, -Spe)
- Rapid Spin - Figure it out
- Spikes - Even if I get off 1 or 2 layers, it's still pretty good. Racking up damage every time they switch is pretty easy because I usually force a switch with U-Turn/Volt Switch.
- Stealth Rock - Same as Spikes except no need for layers, I can use it and start more Spikes or Volt Switch out.
- Volt Switch - Same as U-Turn, except Special and is Electric.
Being a Volt-Turn team and switching out every 1 or 2 turns, Hazards are immediately a problem. Forry easily spins away the hazards and also sets them up himself. Hazards are an important part of this team since my team is bulky and cannot deal as much damage as a full on offensive team. I can usually force switches with the right pokemon so I can turn hazards into a problem for my opponent. Also, I was thinking of a magic bounce pokemon to reflect hazards while also supporting my team. Any Suggestions here?
(Panasonic) Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Evs: 252 Hp / 112 Sp.Atk / 144 Spe
Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump - STAB 120 base power attack helps me take out pokemon like Tyranitar, Excadrill, Landorus, Gliscor, ect.
- Will-O-Wisp - WoW helps me spread status everywhere while halving attack of some dangerous physical threats.
- Pain Split - Pain Split not only heals me but also deals damage when I'm in danger.
- Volt Switch -U-Turn but is Special and STAB electric.
With out Rotom, my team would die in a blinding Sandstorm. He allows me to take out the likes of Skarmory, Landorus, Excadrill, Tyranitar, Hippowdon, ect. I have invested 144 Spe evs to outpace all Tyranitar, 252 Speed Adamant Scizor, , 252 Speed Adamant Breloom, and most Gliscor. Volt Switch helps with rain teams and allows me to Switch into Celebi
(Pixie) Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Evs: 176 Hp / 152 Sp.Atk / 180 Spe
Nature: Modest (+Sp.Atk, -Atk)
- Leaf Storm - A move with 140 BP and STAB is very dangerous indeed. It will deal great amounts of damage to any pokemon that doesn't resist it.
- Hidden Power [Ice] - For taking out any pesky dragons that think they can take on Celebi
- Earth Power This completes Celebi's coverage , taking out Fire and Steel types that can take Grass types
- U-Turn - I didn't really want to sacrifice Atk in my nature but my bulk I think is more important IMO. Any Suggestions?
Okay so Celebi acts as my Rain counter completing all weather team checks. Leaf Storm wrecks opposing Rotom-W and any other grass/ground type. Celebi is also a tank with 100/100/100 bulk while being able to take status thanks to Natural Cure.
(Whiskers) Mienshao (M)@ Life Orb
Evs: 252 Atk / 4 Sp.Atk / 252 Spe
Nature: Naive (+Spe, -Sp.Def)
- Fake Out Free damage. What can I say?
- Hi Jump Kick STAB 130 BP and is a lot more accurate than Stone Edge. This move hurts a ton and gives the team something to kill steel types with.
- Hidden Power [Ice] - Without this, it literally get walled by Gliscor and Landorus(not as much). I specially have a Sp.Def lowering nature instead of a Sp.Atk lowering nature for this.
- U-turn - The crux of this set. Check Landorus.
So I've really wanted to use this guy in-game for BW but I found out he comes so late. In competitive, he's just a beast. Being a standard Smogon set it works fairly well. Regenerator heals 30% of his max health which works extremely well with U-Turn. He also hit very hard with Hi Jump Kick and has killed several pokemon with Fake Out(lol). Fighting is a very good typing picking off many pokemon with Hi Jump Kick while if encountered with a Ghost type, I can U-Turn out into someone better.