PokéBase - Pokémon Q&A
0 votes
186 views

I traded with a friend on pokémon go. And he gave me pokémon he had from 2016. So I want to know is there any value that their pokémon was from around the time the game was first established?

by
edited by
Values are human constructs. It's valuable if you (or someone else) think it's valuable.

1 Answer

1 vote
 
Best answer

Pokemon from older times are more likely to become Lucky Pokemon. These have guarentteed 12/15 at the least ivs, and need half the stardust to power up as usual. Basically, the older the Pokemon you get from the trade, the more likely it will become a lucky Pokemon, but it has to be at least a year old to become eligible for lucky status.

In your case, your Pokemon could have a 75% chance to become lucky if from July or August 2016, or a 25% chance if from later in 2016.

by
selected by
Yes I got pokémon from July and August of 2016