This thread applies to you if you a) know personally other people who use (or would like to use) PokeBase, or b) have lost access to your original PokeBase account, or c) have created multiple accounts.
Our approach to shared-network and connected accounts
On PokeBase, we don't allow users to have more than one account. Extra accounts, often known as 'duplicate accounts', are blocked when we suspect them. However, our means of tracking them can cause confusion with users who own separate accounts, but connect to the same network as each other. To deal with this, we need you to tell us if somebody is using PokeBase from the same network as you.
If you regularly use this site through a network or device you know other PokeBase users are, leave an answer here indicating this (or send us a message privately), including a link to the account/s in question. Frequently, these accounts will belong to siblings, relatives, classmates and co-workers. You do not need to say specifically how you are related, and you are more than welcome to give us the info privately.
This thread also helps us manage users who have lost access to the email and password of their original PokeBase account, and have begun using a new one. If this situation applies to you, tell us in an answer below (or otherwise) and include a link to your original account. (Do note, however, that you may not voluntarily 'retire' an old account and start a new one.)
Finally: if you personally own duplicate accounts (whether or not you have used them), then please use this thread or some other avenue to let us know. We will NOT ban you for telling us.
This thread will act as a 'whitelist' of sorts to inform moderator decision-making. However, there is a series of extra guidelines below, which you must follow if the above applies to you.
Rules to follow / things to be aware of
All users involved must read and follow the rules below regarding shared-network accounts.
- Points manipulation of any sort will be dealt with harshly for people who are related. Buddy-voting, post coordination, etc. is not allowed for anybody, but relatives are especially likely to partake in it. You're allowed to vote relatives and answer their questions, but please only do so within reason.
- We'll be very unimpressed if you use this thread to lie. Do not treat this as a way to get an alt account excused.
- If somebody on your network does something to warrant a full IP ban, we'll apply it in spite of this agreement. You are collectively responsible for ensuring nobody on your network plays up.
- We may not allow accounts connected to people who've used alt accounts in the past. Naturally, we won't trust your word if you've already been up to something silly.
- Account sharing is not allowed. If you and other/s you know would like to use PokeBase, they must all have their own account.
- If you report that you've lost access to your original account, we will block your original account. If you regain access to that account, you may choose which account you would like to continue with.
- If you don't communicate with us after we link this page to you, then we have the right to block every account involved except the original one.
By posting a response on this thread (or sending us info in some other way), you indicate to us that you and all other users involved have read and agreed to these rules. This makes us confident that you won't use additional accounts to harm the community.
Thanks for reading and cooperating!