Everyone seems to be up in arms about my recent banning decisions, so I’m going to make this more public than I usually do.
Nuivo is banned for two three months (9 Sep 9 Oct) for:
- creating a second account and using it to spam vote every single post on the main account.
- posting content that openly plagiarises other sources, as well as posting (funny...?) spam comments in the Q&A — all hidden obviously.
- repeatedly and spitefully flagging and voting down other people when they point out mistakes in their posts, and continuing to do so despite multiple warnings.
- attempting to ban evade with a third account, which added the second month to the ban.
- attempting to ban evade with a fourth account, which added the third month to the ban.
ETN was banned a couple of weeks ago (unban 15 Jul) for:
- being undiplomatic and argumentative in general.
- derailing people’s threads to discuss petty matters such as people’s grammar and tags.
- continuing the above even though it was made very clear by multiple people the behaviour was unappreciated.
- (openly) taking pleasure in annoying other people e.g. by sniping people’s alts, using dumb tags, etc.
- refusing to drop the Gligurr subject (as a matter of principle; this has nothing to do with Gligurr anymore).
- continuing all of the above despite countless warnings from multiple staff members.
- attempting to ban evade, which got him his second week.
Over time, I gave at least three warnings to Nuivo and at least five to ETN before they respectively received their bans. They had plenty of advance warning, and plenty of opportunity to clean up their act. They didn’t, so they got a punishment. That is only fair.
Thanks Sempi, PX, Mew and Will for helping me keep up with all of this.