This thread allows you to share questions whose answer/s are outdated (or otherwise do not solve the question), so somebody with the relevant knowledge can write an updated answer or edit the existing answers.
When you find a post that requires an update, post the link as an answer here, along with a brief explanation of what exactly needs to be done. For example, questions or answers that need updating, answer needs source, no correct answer, unresolved, etc.
If you update a question on this thread, please flag the answer that linked it, so we can remove the answer if it no longer needs updating. Please up-vote posts that link questions urgently in need of an update, so they continue to receive attention.
The purpose of this thread is to bring to light old posts, so please don't post new questions here. As a general guide, questions should be at least one month old before being shared here.
If you see a question that fits one of the following scenarios, you might consider sharing it here.
- Questions with outdated answers. For example, many questions that ask for a list of things become outdated as new Pokemon, etc. are added.
- Questions whose answer/s are all incorrect.
- Questions with incomplete answers.
- Answers that state “We don’t know”, or “It’s currently unknown”. As new information is found, it becomes possible to answer questions like this. For example, mechanics for Shiny Pokemon are often documented some time after a game is released.
- Old questions with high traffic that need to be improved: Old PokeBase questions tend to be lower in quality than recent ones, but still receive a lot of traffic. Help us ensure that every question has a good answer.
- Questions with answers lacking source: If an answer says something that isn't common knowledge and requires proof, you can post it here, so the reference can be added or a more confident answer can be posted.
- Low-quality or low effort answers: This includes answers containing only a link, answers that are poorly written or unclear, etc.
- Answers that the poster expressed disapproval for: There’s been times where an answer does not meet the poster’s requirements but gets forgotten because it’s no longer on the unanswered list.
- Bias: This will mainly apply to more comparing situations, when the answer focuses more on taste rather than facts and statistics.
You should not post questions here that break the rules. In that case, leave a flag and we'll handle it.