Welcome to the next installment of Pokémon Database's quarterly tournament! For this installment, we will be playing Carnelian's Unrestricted Items Tournament!
- Best of three (debatable)
- Double Elimination (debatable)
- The restrictions on one Mega per team still exist. The core mechanics are not being altered, only the need for some items and abilities are being "modified".
- You can give Mega's and/or Primal's and/or any other form Z-Crystals. They'll work as normal.
- You can give Mega's and/or Primal's and/or any other form their respective item which changes their form, like a Mega Stone or Orbs. - This'll prevent Trick and Knock Off.
- You can give Mega's and/or Primal's and/or any other form the Arceus Plates.
- Arceus without a Plate would become Normal-tpe.
- As a result of deliberation, Zacian forms, Mega Rayquaza and Mega Gengar without its Mega Stone will be banned as they will make the meta extremely unbalanced.
- All battles should be conducted on the official PokéBase Showdown! server.
- Standard Smogon battle clauses apply.
- Ghosting is strictly prohibited. Ghosting is defined as giving any piece of advice to someone playing a game. Spectators may not influence a player's decisions, nor can players accept outside help during a battle.
- You are not required to have the same team throughout the tournament; you may swap out team members (or whole teams) between matches if you desire to.
- Agreements are allowed. For example, if you want to ban Heatran, and if your opponent agrees, you can play without it. Try to agree only if you're totally sure about it, as breaking agreements is frowned upon.
Replays should be always be saved.
Please post all battle replays to the thread here, as a comment to the BA'd answer with the matchups (coming after the signups end). If a battle between two players is not conducted before the set deadline, then I will decide whether an extension will be granted or if a player will get the act win. You can also call act if your opponent failed to show
I will be watching each replay to ensure these rules are followed, and should they be broken, the results will not be accepted and the battle must be redone. Further rule violations will result in disqualification.
Now onto the sign-ups! Before signing up, please read the guidelines for playing in tournaments. For those signing up, please answer with your Pokémon Showdown! Username, your time zone and your availability. When scheduling, if you have trouble with the time zones, use a time zone converter.
When signing up, please state whether you want Single or Double Elimination and Best of One or Three as well as any further bans, and whether to play in NatDex AG or Ubers as it was debated in the tournament post.
Here is an example sign-up.
Pokémon Showdown! Username: Jhnfui
Time Zone: GMT -4 (EST).
Availability: Almost anytime except for Tuesdays.
Double Elimination and Best of 1.
Further Bans: None
Sign-ups will close on June 23rd at 7:00 AM EST with the first round beginning soon after.
When Challenging your opponent, please use the code /challenge [format] @@@ !obtainable .
If you have any questions, please comment. Have fun!