Pokemon Origins reveals second Charizard Mega-Evolution
Pokemon X & Y — 02 October, 2013
Pokemon Origins anime special has just finished airing in Japan and revealed a big surprise - there are two Mega-Evolutions of Charizard! The first one that was already revealed is Mega Charizard Y, while the new one revealed in Mega Charizard X. It is dark gray (similar to a shiny Charizard) and has blue flames. It is Fire/Dragon type and has a new ability Tough Claws which increases the power of contact moves (which are the majority of Physical moves).
Red and Mega Charizard X in the anime special
Also of note is that some people have managed to get their hands on copies of Pokemon X&Y from certain stores in Canada, breaking the official sale date. Various information is coming in so we'll keep the site updated as we go. A few notable points:
- There are many Pokemon from previous generations mixed in with new ones.
- The first gym is Bug and you receive the Bug Badge for beating the gym leader Viola.
- After defeating the gym you receive TM83 Infestation which is a Bug type trapping move (like Fire Spin).
- There is a Skate Park you can play in using your Rollerskates.
- The Exp Share item now works like Exp All from Generation 1 - it is a key item and when it's
switched onall Pokemon in your party will earn EXP regardless of whether they participated in a battle.
- A sleeping Snorlax blocks your path in one area, just like in the first generation.
- Espurr is a pre-evolution of Meowstic.
- Fletchinder is a middle-evo of the Fletchling line. It goes Fletchling, Fletchinder, Talonflame.
- In battle, status ailments show their full name, e.g.
- Vivillon has multiple patterns, one of which is dark in colour and called