The score earned for a given Pokémon in Generation IV is the sum of the following:
- The level of the Pokémon relative to the maximum that can be found in the contest (e.g. before the National Pokédex, the maximum value for Paras would be 17, but after the National Pokédex, this would be 34), as a percentage
- The Pokémon's IVs relative to the maximum (186), as a percentage
- The Pokémon's HP relative to its maximum, as a percentage
- A rarity factor, either 60 (Caterpie, Metapod, Weedle, Kakuna, Wurmple, Silcoon, Cascoon, or Kricketot), 80 (all Pokémon not mentioned), or 100 (Scyther or Pinsir)
- Other factors, such as Shininess, do not affect the outcome.
So, generally speaking, best ones would be Scyther/ Pinsir.
Bug Catching Contest