The MOSS strategy or the Super FEAR
Magnemite @ Oran Berry
EVs: 116 Def / 236 SDef
- Magic Coat
I found this object during my travels in UU, owned by someone by the name of Posh Velociraptor. I wasn't intimidated at first, but the set is definitely no joke. I sadly only got to see Protect and Recycle, so I took the liberty of adding Toxic and Magic Coat. This set is maybe not strictly a FEAR set, since t uses Toxic-Protect stall rather than Endeavour to whittle down it's foes. This also means it have some major advantages compared to normal FEAR.
- It isn't destroyed by Sand. Hail is still very viable though.
- Status moves are less of a threat since they can be bounced back with Magic Coat.
- It isn't threatened by Ghosts. Steel and Poison is immune though.
- It is guaranteed to survive 2 turns thanks to Sturdy.
- It can be used multiple times, much like Aron.
- Priority have the same effect as a normal move=nothing.
This is of course a gimmick set but it s hilarious to us and it is newer than any other FEAR strategy. And as far as I know, this is all new, hence, your opponent won't be expecting this.
Oh, and MOSS stands for: