Meta Battle Subway PokeBase - Pokemon Q&A

in any version is it possible to receive a female starting pokemon?

0 votes
asked May 12, 2012 by Chimcharizard

3 Answers

0 votes
Best answer

Yes in any version but you only have a 87.5% chance meening there is a very big chance of getting a male.
You could just keep soft resetting for one.

answered May 12, 2012 by Blobyolo
0 votes

Yes,you can receive a female starter pokemon in any version.Pokemons have Gender.For Example if you want to choose Bulbasaur ,it has a 12.5% to be female and 87.5% to be male.If you don't get a female you can always restart your game.If you are lucky you will get a female pokemon you can check the % by selecting a pokemon here and search for gender.

answered May 12, 2012 by Mr.Bombastic
0 votes

Yup, you can. If you are having trouble getting a girl, then that's because of the low chance of getting a girl - every starter has a 87.5% chance of being a boy, leaving the remaining 12.5% to being a girl. So it is a bit annoying getting a girl. However, you can just turn off your game before choosing your starter (saving first, of course) and opening the game again and choosing. If it's a boy, turn off and start over.

answered May 12, 2012 by ƒιzz