Did a question or answer you posted seemingly vanish? It was probably hidden. If you are not sure why, then please use this thread to ask. Any new posts asking why questions were hidden will be hidden. Please follow these steps before posting:
Step 1: Read the rules. The most common reasons questions are hidden are:
- being purely opinion e.g. "what is your favorite Pokemon"
- being on the wrong section e.g. a team question on Pokebase instead of Battle Subway
- on team questions, not including all the required information (Moves, Ability, Items, Nature, EVs or Roles).
- on team questions, being in-game teams instead of competitive teams
- way too trivial e.g. "what level does Bulbasaur evolve at?"
- a moveset question (we already have one for every Pokemon)
- duplicates of other questions
For answers, they may be hidden if you answer many days later with no new information than what's already there, or they may be unsatisfactory because they are incorrect or hard to read due to poor grammar.
Step 2: Read the rules again because you probably didn't read them close enough.
Step 3: Read the rules again.
Step 4: Re-read the rules before posting because you probably ignored the majority of this post.
Step 5: If you are sure you didn't break any rules, post an answer here asking why your question was hidden. Obviously include a link to the question/answer you are asking about, otherwise we have to search though and endless list of hidden posts to find the one you're talking about.
Once you have posted, a mod or senior user will comment and tell you what rule you broke. When they do tell you, do not argue with them - they have been here long enough to know the rules. Just accept that you broke a rule and move on. Plus, it shows how mature you can be. Remember that is thread is about learning what you did wrong and not complaining about it.
Also, if you posted a question or answer and it doesn't show up straight away then it probably needs to be approved. There is a message that tells you this when it happens. A Moderator or Editor will get to it soon and approve it (or reject it if it breaks the rules). Have a bit of patience, sometimes due to inconsistencies with time zones it takes several hours for us to do this.