The rules on the server are almost identical to the DB Chat Room's rules.
Similar to the Database, we have ranks. These ranks are assigned based on activity and contribution both on the server and on the database. So the current staff is made up of mainly Expert+; though there are some exceptions of people that are very active and contribute highly to the server.
How do I get promoted from a regular user to Voice?
Being voiced marks you as a particularly good user. It grants you a position at the top of the userlist, the ability to talk in moderated chat, and shows that you are a respected and helpful chat member. While obeying the following will not guarantee you voice status, it's a good start and will certainly improve your image in the staff team's eyes.
~ Smogons Showdown staff FAQ
As said before, people are promoted based on their contribution and activity. So if you spend a lot of time on the server and make positive contributions to the chat, then you have a good chance of being promoted. We only promote if we NEED someone. So don't ask to get user promoted if we don't need one. When we do, it will usually be from % to @.
What can staff do?
+ Voice - They can use ! commands such as !groups, and talk during moderated chat. Also can start and end tournaments.
% Driver - The above, and they can also mute users and un-mute users.
@ Moderator - The above, and they can ban users and check for alts.
& Leader - The above, and they can promote moderators and force ties. They can also force name changes and namelock users.
~ Administrator - They can do anything.
The current staff:
- ~ PokemasterDB (Pokemaster)
- ~ Scizornician
- ~ Nindzya, NinjaStarz7, NindzyaStarz7
- ~ CobbleWobble (Hex)
- & TestingAlt123, Mewderator, Manaphy :3 (Mewderator)
- & Psychic x, Holy Mike* (Psusnis◇)
- @ PimpNubz (Pokenubz)
- @ Desdinova (trachy)
- @ Aeternis, The Legislator
- @ MudoTyphlosion (DarkTyphlosion)
- @ LustTheLascivious, Lenub (Lust)
- % xFizz~ (ƒιzz)
- % Catnipz, Yoga Catz, Kazemon, Tessa the Reaper (The Fallen $eraph)
- % Hotcakes
- % DoctorFlame (Flame.)
- % Sempiternus, KnightofDragon
- + Blobyolo
- + MrKijani
- + Poke'slash
- + Sent
- + Flafman (Flafpert)
The link below will take you to a load of screenshots from the current and past DB server.
Click here for more screenshots.
Answer here, give screenshot. If you cannot give screenshot, add some backers and have them do it. Catnipz is great at screenshots, you can ask her.
Any reports will be addressed by staff.
Our DJ Playlist! ~
I set up a plug.dj for the server so you can listen to music whilst battling. You can suggest songs whilst sitting back and enjoying the music. It has standalone rules:
- No spam wooting for points
- No crappy NateWantsToBattleMusic
- No Gliscurr's song (Yehehe)
We have a neat little shop full of nifty features! In any tournament with 4+ users, you can earn store points. Store points can be spent on a variety of little features that suit you nicely. The commands are:
- /atm [user] ~ Shows the balance of whoever.
- /shop ~ Shows the shop.
- buy [command] ~ buys said command.
- Other commands are shown when you buy something.
How to earn store points: In the Tournaments room, we hold tournaments quite often. If you win a tournament with 4 or more participants, you win a point! You can win more in large tournaments.
DB Server command suggestion thread
Pokemon DB server update thread
Is swearing allowed on the DB server?
Scizbot is our filter to deal with people when mods aren't on. It automatically mutes and locks people.
- The first offense is a minute mute. (Currently seven, will be updated when Pokemaster merges.)
- The second is a lock. You can only be unlocked by staff.
- Wordbot acts upon words. When you use them, even if surrounded by other characters, it activates. The current list is here.
- Spambot acts upon spam. Don't repeatedly post junk. Also, don't advertise servers. (.psim)
- CSbot acts upon CAPS or stretching. Not implemented yet.
- Available for @ and up
- /filteron [badwordbot, spambot, csbot, all] - turns on selected filters
- /filteroff - turns off the filter.