Im not sure why it has been made so that only pokemaster can change usernames, and while it makes sense, it just seems really complicated to me. Here are some reasons why I do and don't think that this is a good idea:
- It keeps users from erratically changing their names so that no one will recognize them.
- It keeps inappropriate/explicit content out of usernames.
- It is frustrating to have to post on the name rater post.
- Your name being changed is dependent upon whenever pokemaster logs on, and pokemaster is a pretty busy guy, so who knows if he will even see it? And once he does see it who knows if he will have time to change your username at that moment? It could be weeks before our name is changed!
- What with all the hidden posts that are probably on the name rater question, I would think that it would clog things up for pokemaster.
So maybe if an auto-censor was installed, we could just put a change username button at the bottom of the my account page. I really doubt too many people would try explicit usernames, and the censor would help. Also, there could be a feature that limits someone's username, so that outside of pokemasters authority, a user could only change their name every 2 months, to avoid erratic name changing.