Glare (move)

Facebook Twitter Google+ Email

Move data

Type Normal
Category Status
Power
Accuracy 100
PP 30  (max. 48)
Introduced Generation 1

Effects

Glare paralyzes the target, if it hits. Paralyzed Pokémon have a 25% chance of not being able to attack, and their Speed is decreased by 75%.

Electric type Pokémon, those with the ability Limber or those behind a Substitute cannot be paralyzed.

Changes

In Generation 5, Glare has 90% accuracy.

In Generations 1-4, Glare has 75% accuracy.

Z-Move effects

When a Pokémon is holding Normalium Z and uses its Z-Power, Glare turns into Z-Glare and raises Special Defense one stage, in addition to its usual effect as above.

Move target

Foe
Foe
Foe
User
Ally
Ally

Targets a single adjacent Pokemon.

Game descriptions

Gold/Silver
Crystal
A move that may cause paralysis.
Ruby/Sapphire
Emerald
Intimidates and frightens the foe into paralysis.
FireRed/LeafGreen The user intimidates the foe with the design on its belly to cause paralysis.
Diamond/Pearl
Platinum
HeartGold/SoulSilver
The user intimidates the foe with the pattern on its belly to cause paralysis.
Black/White
Black 2/White 2
The user intimidates the target with the pattern on its belly to cause paralysis.
X/Y
O.Ruby/A.Sapphire
The user intimidates the target with the pattern on its belly to cause paralysis.
Sun/Moon The user intimidates the target with the pattern on its belly to cause paralysis.

Learnt by level up

These Pokémon learn Glare at the level specified. The numbers given are for Pokémon Sun & Moon and may vary in other games; check the respective Pokédex pages for details.

EkansEkans
#023 / Poison
Level 12
ArbokArbok
#024 / Poison
Level 12
DunsparceDunsparce
#206 / Normal
Level 33
SeviperSeviper
#336 / Poison
Level 19
Zygarde (50% Forme)Zygarde
50% Forme
#718 / Dragon · Ground
Level 1
DrampaDrampa
#780 / Normal · Dragon
Level 13

Learnt by breeding

These Pokémon can learn Glare as an egg move. Their breeding groups are also shown for reference.

SnivySnivy
#495 / Grass
Field, Grass
ServineServine
#496 / Grass
Field, Grass
SerperiorSerperior
#497 / Grass
Field, Grass
DruddigonDruddigon
#621 / Dragon
Dragon, Monster
HelioptileHelioptile
#694 / Electric · Normal
Dragon, Monster
HelioliskHeliolisk
#695 / Electric · Normal
Dragon, Monster