Pokemon Origins reveals second Charizard Mega-Evolution
Pokemon X & Y — 02 October, 2013
Pokemon Origins anime special has just finished airing in Japan and revealed a big surprise - there are two Mega-Evolutions of Charizard! The first one that was already revealed is Mega Charizard Y, while the new one revealed in Mega Charizard X. It is dark gray (similar to a shiny Charizard) and has blue flames. It is Fire/Dragon type and has a new ability Tough Claws which increases the power of contact moves (which are the majority of Physical moves).
Also of note is that some people have managed to get their hands on copies of Pokemon X&Y from certain stores in Canada, breaking the official sale date. Various information is coming in so we'll keep the site updated as we go. A few notable points:
- There are many Pokemon from previous generations mixed in with new ones.
- The first gym is Bug and you receive the Bug Badge for beating the gym leader Viola.
- After defeating the gym you receive TM83 Infestation which is a Bug type trapping move (like Fire Spin).
- There is a Skate Park you can play in using your Rollerskates.
- The Exp Share item now works like Exp All from Generation 1 - it is a key item and when it's
switched onall Pokemon in your party will earn EXP regardless of whether they participated in a battle.
- A sleeping Snorlax blocks your path in one area, just like in the first generation.
- Espurr is a pre-evolution of Meowstic.
- Fletchinder is a middle-evo of the Fletchling line. It goes Fletchling, Fletchinder, Talonflame.
- In battle, status ailments show their full name, e.g.
- Vivillon has multiple patterns, one of which is dark in colour and called