Pokémon GO Halloween & Regigigas events announced
General News — 14 October, 2019
Pokémon GO has announced multiple new events today! First up is a big event for Halloween, which runs from October 17th at 1pm PT (8pm UTC) until November 1st and includes the release of Pokémon Yamask and Darkrai, boosted spawns of Ghost and Dark type Pokémon, and costumed starter Pokémon. Full details below.
Next, is a short event from November 1st at 1pm PT (8pm UTC) until November 4th, which features the three Regis in 5* raids, with possible shiny. Plus other boosted spawns listed below.
The third event involves Regigigas - it will be appearing in EX Raids from November, however a special early-access ticket has been announced, priced at $7.99. The paid event runs from 11am to 7pm on November 2nd and gives Special Research named
A Colossal Discovery and other features (see below).
Halloween event details:
- More Ghost and Dark type Pokemon in the wild, eggs and raids, including the release of Yamask. Yamask may also be shiny.
- Darkrai will be appearing in 5* raids.
- Special costumed starter Pokemon will appear (see image above). They are: Bulbasaur wearing Shedinja costume, Charmander wearing Cubone costume, Squirtle wearing Yamask costume, and Pikachu wearing Mimikyu costume.
- There will be new special research for Spiritomb. Last year's research was recently renamed to "A Spooky Message 2018" so both old and new players should be able to receive the new research.
- Halloween-themed field research tasks will appear.
- There will be bonuses of 2x catch candy, 2x hatch candy, and 2x transfer candy.
In addition, new shadow Pokémon will be available in PokéStops taken over by Team GO Rocket: Weedle, Kakuna, Beedrill, Electabuzz, Magmar, Lapras, Mareep, Seedot, Nuzleaf, Sableye, Trapinch, Cacnea, Shuppet, and Duskull. This is permanent from the 17th (not just for the event).
Legendary Titans details:
- Regirock, Regice, and Registeel will appear in 5* raids, and may be shiny.
- The following Pokémon will appear more frequently in the wild: Geodude, Magnemite, Swinub, Aron, and Spheal.
- The following Pokémon will be found more frequently in eggs: Aerodactyl, Shuckle, Sneasel, Skarmory, Snorunt, and Beldum.
- Skarmory can be shiny.
A Colossal Discovery details:
- A paid ticket which must be purchased before 5pm on November 2nd. It's a direct in-app-purchase and cannot be bought with coins. It appears to work like a localised GO Fest.
- Special Research that rewards Regigigas. The other three Regis will be required at some point during the research. Once the research is started it can be completed at any time, not just during the event.
- A Colossal Discovery medal will be awarded.
- 10 free raid passes can be obtained. This works like special raid days: only one free pass can be held at a time; once a pass is used another is obtained by spinning a gym. The 10 passes are only available during the event times.
- Unova Stone and Sinnoh Stone gifts.
- Exclusive avatar pose.
Pokémon launches 25th anniversary celebrations
13 January, 2021 • General News
Pokémon GO announces 'GO Beyond' with Seasons and Gen 6 Pokémon
18 November, 2020 • General News
New video officially reveals Glastrier & Spectrier
06 November, 2020 • Pokémon Sword & Shield
The Crown Tundra now available!
23 October, 2020 • Pokémon Sword & Shield
New trailer for The Crown Tundra
29 September, 2020 • Pokémon Sword & Shield
New game "Pokémon Unite" revealed
24 June, 2020 • General News
The Sword & Shield Expansion Pass has been released!
17 June, 2020 • Pokémon Sword & Shield
Pokémon Presents reveals several new games
17 June, 2020 • Pokémon Sword & Shield
New trailer for Sword & Shield DLC reveals Galarian Slowbro
02 June, 2020 • General News
Galarian Forms with hidden abilities available via Mystery Gift
23 May, 2020 • Pokémon Sword & Shield
Signature move for Zarude revealed
09 April, 2020 • Pokémon Sword & Shield
Gigantamax starters revealed in new Sword/Shield Expansion Pass trailer
26 March, 2020 • Pokémon Sword & Shield