New trailer for Sword & Shield DLC reveals Galarian Slowbro
General News — 02 June, 2020
A new video has been released by The Pokémon Company. It features various Pokémon that will be found in the upcoming Expansion Pass for Pokémon Sword & Shield, and reveals the launch date for the first part - The Isle of Armor - is June 17th.
The trailer starts with Galarian Slowbro, and then shows various adventuring through the Isle of Armor area. It's revealed that Urshifu has two Gigantamax forms - one red and one blue, for its Single-Strike Style and Rapid-Strike Style. More of the second part of the DLC - The Crown Tundra - is revealed.
Details on the new Pokémon and forms were also confirmed in a separate press release (artwork below):
- Galarian Slowbro is Poison/Psychic type with a new ability Quick Draw. It has a signature move, Shell Side Arm which inflicts either physical or special damage - whichever does more damage.
- Regieleki is a new member of the Regi-family. It's Electric type with the ability Transistor. It has a signature move, Thunder Cage, which traps the opponent for 4-5 turns and deals damage each turn.
- Regidrago is another Regi. It's Dragon type with the ability Dragons Maw. It has a signature move, Dragon Energy, which deals more damage the higher the its remaining HP.
- Galarian Articuno is Psychic/Flying type.
- Galarian Zapdos is Fighting/Flying type.
- Galarian Moltres is Dark/Flying type.
- Urshifu's ability Unseen Fist allows moves that make contact to strike through Protect. Each form has a signature move: Single-Strike Style has Wicked Blow, while Rapid-Strike Style has Surging Strikes. Both moves have the same effect of always resulting in a critical hit.
- Gigantamax Urshifu also has two special G-Max moves: G-Max One Blow and G-Max Rapid Flow. Both can strike through Max Guard and Protect.
The Regis and Galarian legendary birds will be available in The Crown Tundra, out in the autumn (fall).
It's also confirmed that new tutor moves can be taught on the Isle of Armor, in exchange for Armorite Ore. Two were officially revealed: Burning Jealousy, which hits all opponents and burns them if they've used stat boosts; and Grassy Glide, which attacks with high priority during Grassy Terrain.
Artwork of the new Pokémon:
Gigantamax Urshifu Single-Strike Style
Gigantamax Urshifu Rapid-Strike Style
New trailers for BDSP & Legends: Arceus
26 October, 2021 • Site Updates
Hisuian forms of Zorua & Zoroark revealed
21 October, 2021 • General News
New trailers for BDSP & Legends: Arceus reveal Pokétch & Noble Pokémon
28 September, 2021 • General News
New information on BDSP and Legends: Arceus
18 August, 2021 • General News
New games announced: Pokémon Brilliant Diamond, Shining Pearl and Pokémon Legends: Arceus
26 February, 2021 • General News
Pokémon launches 25th anniversary celebrations
13 January, 2021 • General News
Pokémon GO announces 'GO Beyond' with Seasons and Gen 6 Pokémon
18 November, 2020 • General News
New video officially reveals Glastrier & Spectrier
06 November, 2020 • Pokémon Sword & Shield
The Crown Tundra now available!
23 October, 2020 • Pokémon Sword & Shield
New trailer for The Crown Tundra
29 September, 2020 • Pokémon Sword & Shield
New game "Pokémon Unite" revealed
24 June, 2020 • General News
The Sword & Shield Expansion Pass has been released!
17 June, 2020 • Pokémon Sword & Shield