Pokémon GO announces 'GO Beyond' with Seasons and Gen 6 Pokémon
General News — 18 November, 2020
The first is that Pokémon from the Kalos region - Generation 6 - are coming to the game. Specifically Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie, Bunnelby, Fletchling, and Litleo will appear in the wild or in eggs. Klefki will appear only in France. From December 2nd-8th they will be appearing more often. A
mysterious Pokémon will also be appearing in 1* raids.
Go Seasons were also announced. Pokémon appearing in the games will now follow the seasons in the real world (i.e. December will be Winter in the northern hemisphere and summer in the southern hemisphere). The Pokémon available in the wild/eggs/raids will follow the season, such as the Deerling forms. GO Battle League will also follow the season.
There is also a level cap increase to Level 50. For lower level players it will be easier to level up, while level 40 players will need to complete extra challenges in addition to gaining XP (see below).
Some events have also been announced:
- November 16th-24th: Cobalion, Terrakion & Virizion are in 5* raids.
- November 17th-23rd: Pokémon HOME event where various Kanto Pokémon are more common, plus Pokémon that can be Ditto. Shiny Slowpoke is now available! Shiny Meltan is available from the Mystery Box. The box can be received by sending a Pokémon to Pokémon HOME or Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee.
- November 18th-30th: 12 Days of Friendship event, featuring faster increases in friendship and an attack boost in raids with friends.
- November 24th-30th: Lake Legends event with Uxie, Mesprit & Azelf in 5* raids. They are region-exclusive, but you can get ones from different regions using Remote Raid Passes, if invited by someone from that region. Pokémon commonly found near lakes will be more common, including Psyduck, Goldeen, Magikarp, Surskit, Starly, Bidoof & Shellos.
- November 28th: Limited Research event featuring Nidoran♀ & Nidoran♂
- November 18th-December 31st: Double XP for catching Pokémon!
Some of the tasks for additional levels have been revealed:
- Level 41: catch a high number of Pokémon in a single day.
- Level 42: evolve Eevee into each of its available Evolutions; use certain Evolution items on specific Pokémon.
- Level 43: win gym and raid battles; earn a certain number of Platinum medals.
- Level 44: battle other trainers.
- Level 45: battle Team GO Rocket.
- Level 46: complete Field Research tasks; hatch eggs; use GO Snapshot.
- Level 47: more raid battles, but with specific criteria.
- Level 48: walk a certain distance with your Buddy Pokémon; collect Souvenirs.
- Level 49: send Gifts; trade Lucky Pokémon.
- Level 50: make Excellent Throws; catch Legendary Pokémon; defeat Team GO Rocket Leaders with Pokémon under 1,500 CP.
Pokémon Scarlet & Violet released!
17 November, 2022 • Pokémon Scarlet & Violet
New trailer hints at mysterious Pokemon from legends
08 November, 2022 • Pokémon Scarlet & Violet
New Pokémon Gimmighoul revealed
06 November, 2022 • Pokémon Scarlet & Violet
New coin Pokémon released via Pokémon GO
05 November, 2022 • Pokémon Scarlet & Violet
Egg move overhaul, text list exporter and other site updates
03 November, 2022 • Site Updates
New ghost dog Pokemon, Greavard, teased in latest trailer
25 October, 2022 • Pokémon Scarlet & Violet
New Pokémon Bellibolt revealed
14 October, 2022 • Pokémon Scarlet & Violet
Extended gameplay trailer released, reveals Farigiraf
06 October, 2022 • Pokémon Scarlet & Violet
New Pokémon 'Wiglett' revealed in spoof presentation
28 September, 2022 • Pokémon Scarlet & Violet
New Scarlet/Violet trailer details the Treasure Hunt and new Pokémon
07 September, 2022 • Pokémon Scarlet & Violet
Grafaiai officially revealed
01 September, 2022 • Pokémon Scarlet & Violet
New Pokémon, Grafaiai, announced via mysterious images
30 August, 2022 • Pokémon Scarlet & Violet