Pokemon 'Roundtable' reveals more X&Y info
Pokémon X & Y — 12 June, 2013
The Pokemon 'Roundtable' event at the E3 gaming conference has revealed more details on Pokemon X and Pokemon Y. I was tweeting during the event @pokemondb - don't forget to follow me on Twitter for more up-to-the-minute news.
From left to right - Talonflame, Clauncher, Skrelp
Here is a summary of the other news. Continue below to see pictures and more!
- A new battle type called Sky Battles. They are restricted to Flying type Pokemon or those with the ability Levitate. It's not known if there are any different mechanics (such as banned moves).
- A new battle type called Hordes. Occasionally a horde of up to 5 wild Pokemon will appear at once!
- Also a message seen in the earlier trailer said
the wild Helioptile you stepped on attacked,implying either a new method of encounter, or perhaps just slightly different text for smaller Pokemon.
- The environment and battle scene will change their look based on the time of day - i.e. battles will be a bit darker at night.
- A new communication method called Player Search System allows you to find other players locally or globally to battle and trade. Also integrates with the 3DS' friends system.
- A feature called Pokemon-Amie lets you bond with your Pokemon by petting and feeding them. It has been stated previously that Pokemon friendship would have a bigger role in X&Y so this feature may help your Pokemon become even stronger.
- As revealed earlier, Gogoat can be ridden around Lumiose City. At the roundtable it was revealed that Rhyhorn can be ridden in some rocky areas.
- All languages will be present on one game card, and you will be able to choose the language when you start the game.
- Effort Values (EVs) and Individual Values (IVs) will be made more obvious during the game, presumably similar to the Hidden Power checks in previous games, but in more detail.
A horde of Tauros and Miltank appear
Noivern using Boomburst
Skrelp using Sludge Bomb
Clauncher using Crabhammer at night
Stroke and pet Pikachu in Pokemon-Amie
A few new moves have been revealed over the past weeks which we forgot to mention. Here is a list:
- Parting Shot - switches the user out of battle, but lowers the opponent's Attack and Special Attack before doing so. Learnt by Pancham.
- Parabolic Charge - Electric type - the user regains 50% of the damage inflicted (like Giga Drain or Drain Punch). Learnt by Helioptile.
- Boomburst - Normal type - sound-based move that causes a lot of damage; hits all users on the field including allies. Learnt by Noivern.
- Moonblast - Fairy type - deals damage and may lower the opponent's Attack. Learnt by Sylveon.
- Fairy Wind - Fairy type - damage dealing move. Learnt by Gardevoir.
Gameplay Preview for Legends: Arceus released
13 January, 2022 • Pokémon Legends: Arceus
Diamond & Pearl Clan revealed for Pokémon Legends: Arceus
15 December, 2021 • Pokémon Legends: Arceus
Hisuian Voltorb revealed for Legends: Arceus
10 December, 2021 • Pokémon Legends: Arceus
Ramanas Park revealed for Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl
10 November, 2021 • Pokémon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl
New trailers for BDSP & Legends: Arceus
26 October, 2021 • Pokémon Legends: Arceus
Hisuian forms of Zorua & Zoroark revealed
21 October, 2021 • Pokémon Legends: Arceus
New trailers for BDSP & Legends: Arceus reveal Pokétch & Noble Pokémon
28 September, 2021 • Pokémon Legends: Arceus
New information on BDSP and Legends: Arceus
18 August, 2021 • Pokémon Legends: Arceus
New games announced: Pokémon Brilliant Diamond, Shining Pearl and Pokémon Legends: Arceus
26 February, 2021 • Pokémon Legends: Arceus
Pokémon launches 25th anniversary celebrations
13 January, 2021 • General News
Pokémon GO announces 'GO Beyond' with Seasons and Gen 6 Pokémon
18 November, 2020 • General News
New video officially reveals Glastrier & Spectrier
06 November, 2020 • Pokémon Sword & Shield