Pokemon 'Roundtable' reveals more X&Y info
Pokémon X & Y — 12 June, 2013
The Pokemon 'Roundtable' event at the E3 gaming conference has revealed more details on Pokemon X and Pokemon Y. I was tweeting during the event @pokemondb - don't forget to follow me on Twitter for more up-to-the-minute news.
From left to right - Talonflame, Clauncher, Skrelp
Here is a summary of the other news. Continue below to see pictures and more!
- A new battle type called Sky Battles. They are restricted to Flying type Pokemon or those with the ability Levitate. It's not known if there are any different mechanics (such as banned moves).
- A new battle type called Hordes. Occasionally a horde of up to 5 wild Pokemon will appear at once!
- Also a message seen in the earlier trailer said
the wild Helioptile you stepped on attacked,implying either a new method of encounter, or perhaps just slightly different text for smaller Pokemon.
- The environment and battle scene will change their look based on the time of day - i.e. battles will be a bit darker at night.
- A new communication method called Player Search System allows you to find other players locally or globally to battle and trade. Also integrates with the 3DS' friends system.
- A feature called Pokemon-Amie lets you bond with your Pokemon by petting and feeding them. It has been stated previously that Pokemon friendship would have a bigger role in X&Y so this feature may help your Pokemon become even stronger.
- As revealed earlier, Gogoat can be ridden around Lumiose City. At the roundtable it was revealed that Rhyhorn can be ridden in some rocky areas.
- All languages will be present on one game card, and you will be able to choose the language when you start the game.
- Effort Values (EVs) and Individual Values (IVs) will be made more obvious during the game, presumably similar to the Hidden Power checks in previous games, but in more detail.
A horde of Tauros and Miltank appear
Noivern using Boomburst
Skrelp using Sludge Bomb
Clauncher using Crabhammer at night
Stroke and pet Pikachu in Pokemon-Amie
A few new moves have been revealed over the past weeks which we forgot to mention. Here is a list:
- Parting Shot - switches the user out of battle, but lowers the opponent's Attack and Special Attack before doing so. Learnt by Pancham.
- Parabolic Charge - Electric type - the user regains 50% of the damage inflicted (like Giga Drain or Drain Punch). Learnt by Helioptile.
- Boomburst - Normal type - sound-based move that causes a lot of damage; hits all users on the field including allies. Learnt by Noivern.
- Moonblast - Fairy type - deals damage and may lower the opponent's Attack. Learnt by Sylveon.
- Fairy Wind - Fairy type - damage dealing move. Learnt by Gardevoir.
Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee released!
15 November, 2018 • Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee
New trailer for Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee featuring Elite Four
07 November, 2018 • Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee
Meltan evolution Melmetal revealed
24 October, 2018 • Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee
Official trailer for Master Trainers
18 October, 2018 • Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee
Master Trainers revealed for Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee
16 October, 2018 • Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee
More information on Meltan revealed
10 October, 2018 • Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee
Zeraora distributions announced
02 October, 2018 • Pokémon Events
New mythical Pokémon Meltan revealed
25 September, 2018 • Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee
Mystery Pokémon appearing in Pokémon GO
23 September, 2018 • General News
GO Park and Legendary battles detailed for Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee
19 September, 2018 • Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee
'Secret Techniques' and new moves revealed for Pokemon Let's Go
10 September, 2018 • Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee
New trailer for Pokemon Let's Go showing Mega Evolution and more story
09 August, 2018 • Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee