More confirmed English names
Pokemon Black & White — 29 December, 2010
Nintendo has confirmed more Pokemon, move and ability names.
- Chillarmy is now known as Minccino. Its name comes from Mink and Chinchilla on which it is based.
- Mamepato is now known as Pidove, a cross between birds Pigeon and Dove.
- Munna keeps its Japanese name, a cross between moon and lunar.
- Shimama is now known as Blitzle. Its name comes from the word blitz.
- Hihidaruma is now known as Darmanitan. Both names refer to the Japanese Daruma doll and a species of monkey - the former a baboon and the latter an orangutan.
- Gear is now known as Klink, which refers to the noise of two metal surfaces touching.
- Meguroko is now known as Sandile - as you can guess, a cross between sand and crocodile
- Gigaiasu is now known as Gigalith, from the prefix giga meaning large, and the suffix lith meaning rock.
New move names:
New ability names:
New trailer for Pokemon Let's Go showing Mega Evolution and more story
09 August, 2018 • Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee
CoroCoro confirms Mega Evolutions will appear in Pokémon Let's Go
08 August, 2018 • Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee
New trailer for Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee
12 July, 2018 • Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee
Welcome to Pokémon Database version 4
27 June, 2018 • Site Updates
Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee demoed at E3 2018
12 June, 2018 • Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee
New spin-off game: Pokémon Quest
30 May, 2018 • General News
New games confirmed: Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu & Pokémon Let's Go Eevee
30 May, 2018 • Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee
Unconfirmed leak: new games Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee
16 May, 2018 • Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee
Zeraora officially revealed in Japan
08 April, 2018 • Pokemon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon
Legendary Pokémon events coming throughout 2018
05 February, 2018 • General News
Pokémon Crystal coming to 3DS Virtual Console
14 December, 2017 • General News
Ultra Necrozma and Naganadel officially revealed
14 December, 2017 • Pokemon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon