More confirmed English names
Pokemon Black & White — 29 December, 2010
Nintendo has confirmed more Pokemon, move and ability names.
- Chillarmy is now known as Minccino. Its name comes from Mink and Chinchilla on which it is based.
- Mamepato is now known as Pidove, a cross between birds Pigeon and Dove.
- Munna keeps its Japanese name, a cross between moon and lunar.
- Shimama is now known as Blitzle. Its name comes from the word blitz.
- Hihidaruma is now known as Darmanitan. Both names refer to the Japanese Daruma doll and a species of monkey - the former a baboon and the latter an orangutan.
- Gear is now known as Klink, which refers to the noise of two metal surfaces touching.
- Meguroko is now known as Sandile - as you can guess, a cross between sand and crocodile
- Gigaiasu is now known as Gigalith, from the prefix giga meaning large, and the suffix lith meaning rock.
New move names:
New ability names: