Sorry, I don't know if this is allowed or not, since I don't actually have a team to rate. I just haven't played gen 8 OU much and would really like some advice on what to run. From what I've heard, stall (my usual teams), is really bad in OU. So, I would like to play Balance. Maybe I'll experiment with Hyper Offense later. Again, I'm not really sure what I should run, so I just have a really general what I want to run. I have no idea what's good or not, so feel free to change whatever you like. Since Cinderace is S tier (never mind. I just checked and he's actually A+), I chose to build it around that.
I'm going to play on showdown! but if I could also use this team in SWSH cartridge OU that would be great. Don't really have access to any transfer only moves there
Cinderace @ Life Orb / Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 Spe / 252 Atk / 4 Def
- Pyro Ball
- Sucker Punch
- High Jump Kick
- U-Turn / Iron Head
Rillaboom @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
- Grassy Glide
- Wood Hammer
- Knock Off
Corviknight @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
- U-Turn / Body Press / Iron Head
- Brave Bird / Body Press / Iron Head
Sorry, this is literally just smogon imported. I have no idea if this is good for my team, but Corviknight is high tier. But defoggers aren't good in gen 8 ou right? Especially if I run Heavy-Duty Boots on my pokemon that I want to resist hazards? But I want a defensive Corviknight, not a Bulk Up one. What do you guys think?
Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard / Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
IVs: 0/31 Atk
- Stealth Rock / Wish
- Knock Off / Wish
Not sure if I should run Wish or Soft-Boiled here. I also have a question. Since Soft-Boiled is transfer only and I don't have access to it outside of Showdown! should I even bother running it in gen 8 OU on my switch? Or if I should, should I use Wish or Moonlight?
I don't know what to run besides these pokemon, and even these I'm not sure about. Here's some ideas; you can tell me which ones are good (if any are)
- Toxapex (Standard Physically Defensive Wall with Haze, no Toxic Spikes)
- Landorus-T (Bulky Rocks Setter)
- Landorus-T (Fast Rocks Settings Scouter, possibly Scarfed/Sashed)
- Spectrier - I have no idea what this does but it's A+ tier and looks offensive
- Garchomp (Standard Hard Hitting Garchomp with Rocks Utility) - Isn't this outclassed by Lando?
- Meltmetal - Don't have access to this ingame and also don't know what it does
- Zapdos (Special Tank) - I'm inclined to run this because X-Scizor said it was good :):):):):)
- Excadrill (Fast Rocks Setter, no sand)
Again, I'm not really attached to any of these pokemon (not even Cinderace) except maybe the Zapdos, so change whatever you like. I just want a good gen 8 OU team.