Hidden Machines (HMs) in Red/Blue/Yellow
As the first Pokémon games, Red/Blue introduce 5 Hidden Machines that are used in order to progress through the game. Pokémon Yellow keeps everything the same. In Generation 1, HM moves cannot be deleted once learned.
The Pokémon can be filtered by ticking the checkboxes - this is useful for deciding on an
HM Slave - a Pokémon knowing only HM moves (in order to save all four spots for good moves on other Pokémon).
Where to find the HMs in Red, Blue & Yellow.
- Cut: S.S. Anne - from the Captain.
- Fly: Route 16 - from girl north of Cycling Road entrance.
- Surf: Safari Zone - from man in Secret House.
- Strength: Fuchsia City - from Safari Zone Warden after returning his Gold Teeth.
- Flash: Route 2 - from Professor Oak's aide, in building south of Diglett's Tunnel.
Pokémon HM chart