PokéBase - Pokémon Q&A
0 votes
267 views

I have been trying to evolve my Happiny into a Chaney in Pokemon Black Version 2. I have read all sorts of forums that say that you can buy an oval stone in black city, but I can but find one. I have also read everywhere that you can find them in dust clouds in caves. I have been looking in every cave, in every dust cloud for 2 days, I am starting to doubt the existence of an oval stone in the game. I have found sun stones, fire stones and about a million gems. I just feel like I am wasting Pokemoney on max repels, and I'm wasting a lot of time. Has anyone actually found one? If so where? I would love to evolve my Happiny.
Thanks

by

1 Answer

0 votes

Unfortunately, there is no easy way to get an oval stone in Black 2, other than those dust clouds. The stone can only be bought in White Forest, which is exclusive to White and White 2. The dust clouds are the only other way to get the oval stone, and they appear in Chargestone Cave, Mistralton Cave, Clay Tunnel, Twist Mountain, Underground Ruins, Victory Road, Wellspring Cave, Seaside Cave, and Giant Chasm. For every Dust Cloud you encounter, the chance of finding an Excadrill or Drilbur is 40%, while the chance of getting a gem is 50%, and the chance of getting a stone is 10%. Of those stones, there are 12, and supposing that each stone has an equal chance of appearing, that gives you a 1/12, or approximately 8.3% chance every time you get the 10% chance of finding a stone, meaning that all in all, you have a 0.83% chance of finding an oval stone every Dust Cloud you step on. This basically means it's all up to RNG, so the best way to get the oval stone is to keep trying. Hope I helped!

Source 1
Source 2

by