I recently asked if a modest or timid nature for Choice Specs Dragapult was generally better in competitive single battles in Sw/Sh and received one answer in favor of timid and another in favor of modest. Here is the reasoning why both natures are good for Specs Dragapult.
• Sp. Attack is already boosted by Choice Specs
• Multiple mons can outspeed and OHKO Modest Dragapult, but not Timid Dragapult
• SpA Stat with 252 EVs: 299 x 1.5 = 449 SpA with choice specs
• Spe stat with 252 EVs: 421
• Dragapult already has an insane speed stat
• Modest nature allows it to make up for its lower SpA stat than its Atk stat
• SpA stat with 252 EVs: 328 x 1.5 = 492 SpA with choice specs
• Spe stat with 252 EVs: 383
I should mention that I do run a sticky web team, so Modest seems like it would be the obvious choice. However, my sticky web setter (shuckle) can be KO’d by multi-hit attacks before it can set it and sticky web can be removed by Defog and rapid spin users. Here is my Dragapult’s information:
Dragapult @ Choice specs
Nature: Modest/Timid (Still unsure)
Ev Spread: 252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 HP
IVs: All 31
• Dragon Pulse (I don’t like Draco meteor)
• Shadow ball (Go-to move)
• Fire blast
So my question is this: Is there a noticeable difference between a 449 SpA stat for Dragapult (Timid) and a 492 SpA stat (Modest) or would both usually be able to OHKO with Specs + STAB Shadow Ball (excluding dark and normal types)? This will decide for me which nature is better.
Thank you in advance.