Four or three attacking moves Calyrex-Shadow is bad.
Either go for some set-up such as Nasty Plot.
Why Psychic over Psyshock? Psyshock deals with Bulky special walls like Chansey/Blissey.
Pollen Puff + Nasty Plot > Leaf Storm > Giga Drain
| Checks and Counters |
| Arceus-Dark 77.998 (90.35±3.09) |
| (23.2% KOed / 67.1% switched out)|
| Tyranitar 70.043 (85.70±3.91) |
| (50.7% KOed / 35.0% switched out)|
| Yveltal 66.524 (79.51±3.25) |
| (33.9% KOed / 45.6% switched out)
Nasty Plot + Life Orb + Pollen Puff deals with Arceus-Dark and Tyranitar which completely wall it. Leaf Storm can also be chosen to handle Tyranitar, but Buginium Crystal is much better, and has higher damage output than Life Orb boosted Pollen Puff.
- +2 252 SpA Life Orb Calyrex-Shadow Pollen Puff vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Arceus-Dark: 387-458 (87.1 - 103.1%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
- +2 252 SpA Life Orb Calyrex-Shadow Pollen Puff vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 294-346 (72.7 - 85.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
VS Buginium crystal
- +2 252 SpA Calyrex-Shadow Savage Spin-Out (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 438-516 (108.4 - 127.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
- +2 252 SpA Calyrex-Shadow Savage Spin-Out (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Arceus-Dark: 578-682 (130.1 - 153.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Draining Kiss is a bit weak, but it counters Dark types like Yveltal that can give Calyrex extreme problems.
It's very weak, +3 not even OHKOing Specially defensive Yveltal. As such, against Yveltal your best option is to lure in Sucker Punch and use Substitute, and bringing in damage.
Pollen Puff is pretty good as coverage, but it's usually outclassed by Draining Kiss, as Yveltal, one of the few viable Dark types in AG, isn't weak to Bug. Psychic types can be covered by Astral Barrage, and Grass types are few and far between in AG.
Really? Draining Kiss is always inferior to Pollen Puff in National dex AG, since it has support Arceus-formes and Pursuit Tyranitar which is main concern, and Yveltal is mostly Dynamaxer which good players don't tend to throw-in to Calyrex-Shadow. Even try Fairium Crystal Twinkle Tackle, but Savage Spin-out is always better.
- +2 252 SpA Calyrex-Shadow Savage Spin-Out (175 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Yveltal: 463-545 (117.8 - 138.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
VS Twinkle Tackle
- +2 252 SpA Calyrex-Shadow Twinkle Tackle (100 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Yveltal: 530-624 (134.8 - 158.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Yes, but what against even bulkier Tyranitar and Arceus-Dark?
- +2 252 SpA Calyrex-Shadow Twinkle Tackle (100 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 250-296 (61.8 - 73.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Last slot, use something of your wish. If wanting to protect from Sucker Punch, go for Substitute. If want to Baton Pass boosts, which is really funny x] use Baton Pass. It might be looking like meme, but it surely works.
Baton Pass is fun and broken. I beat #1 and #2 player on National Dex AG ladder using it.
Here's the set:
Calyrex-Shadow @ Buginium Z
Ability: As One (Spectrier)
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Baton Pass / Substitute
- Astral Barrage
- Pollen Puff
Hope this helps.