PokéBase - Pokémon Q&A
2 votes
edited by

1 Answer

6 votes

You need a Kyogre and Groudon from the HG/SS games (ones from Ruby/Sapphire don't count). If you then talk to professor oak he will give you a Jade Orb which will make Rayquaza appear at the Embedded Tower.

To get the Blue Orb if you don't have it, you need to talk to Mr. Pokemon after getting the National Dex and one of the Kanto starters from Prof Oak. The Red Orb is only obtainable in SoulSilver.

do you need to have the full national pokedex , or just the national pokedex ?
No, obviously you don't need a completed dex, if you are trying to catch Rayquaza then you probably don't have it yet.