Magnezone @ Custap Berry
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Flash Cannon
- Hyper Beam / Signal Beam
- Metal Sound
This is a gimmicky set. First, you use Metal Sound on the opponent to lower their Special Defense. If they don't attack you, use it again. If they do attack you, Sturdy will let you survive. The Custap Berry will give your next move priority, so you can obliterate them with the appropriate attacking move. Signal Beam is really situational but is useful if your opponent is 4x weak to Bug (Exeggutor, Celebi, Malamar, Hoopa-U, Shiftry, and Cacturne). Hyper Beam is almost always a better pick.
Nature and IVs are chosen to minimize defenses to increase the likelihood that you will be taken down within 1/4 HP so Custap Berry can activate.
- Priority and Alolan Marowak
- Multi-hit moves (especially Bonemerang) and Alolan Marowak
- Pokémon that resist/are immune to your attacks like Magnezone, Steelix, etc. and Alolan Marowak
- Things that will negate Sturdy like Burns, Bind/Sand Tomb/etc., Fake Out, etc. and Alolan Marowak
- Did I mention Alolan Marowak?