PokéBase - Pokémon Q&A
0 votes
962 views

I'm trying to breed a Solosis with Magic Guard, but all I have to work with is a male Reuniclus with Overcoat and Ditto. What are the odds of an egg from these two hatching into a Solosis with Magic Guard?

asked by
I think it's 25% for Magic Guard and 75% for Overcoat? I'm not sure but I think it's more likely to have the ability of the parent Reuniclus. I was in a similar position with my Starmie trying to breed one with Natural Cure from Illuminate.
What game are you using?
OR, hatched the bugger after 16 eggs. Just a question of patience in the end.

1 Answer

0 votes
 
Best answer

>Starting in Black 2 and White 2, there is an 80% chance that the Ability slot of the female will be passed to the baby when bred with a male Pokémon from the same Egg Group.

The Reuniclus has an 80% chance to pass down Overcoat, so that means that there is a 20% chance that a Solosis bred from that Reuniclus will have Magic Guard.

Source

answered by
selected by
I was close though