PokéBase - Pokémon Q&A
0 votes

Apparently there is a way to change the Mew glitch using a Pokémon spec stat or something in Blue while performing the Mew glitch to obtain mewtwo? Will I be able to transfer this Mewtwo to SM/USUM?

edited by
Not a full answer, but https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Mew_glitch To get Mewtwo, follow the instructions in the Ditto glitch section using a Pokemon with 131 special.
yes it is possibe. You can transfer it but you would need to do a series of glitches and it would have to be the VC version.
Lmfao someone fixed my spelling mistakes I made. Also I really hoped the answer would be “No”. Now I’m gonna need to try this.

1 Answer

1 vote

With the help of this map, you can see all the different Pokemon encounterable with the Mew glitch. Now, I'm not certain if any enemy trainers have a Pokemon with a Special stat of 131, but if you can get a Pokemon with that stat, you can encounter a wild Ditto and have it transform into that, and then perform the glitch as usual.

I believe it can be transferred to SM/USUM, and I'm not certain about this but you might have to get it above level 70 for it, considering that Mews glitched with the correct OT and ID won't transfer if they're below level 5.

Edit: removed incorrect information

edited by
The level skipping glitch only works for medium slow Pokemon. Mewtwo is slow, not medium slow.
@sumun Ahh, my bad! I didn't know about that. I'll go remove it, thanks!