PokéBase Rate My Team Meta-PokéBase Q&A
0 votes

I used to think that it was a 50/50 chance of finding a male or female Pokémon, but it's not true. For example, I heard that there is only a 12% chance of finding a female Salandit (evolves into Salazzle through level up, if it's female).

asked by

2 Answers

2 votes

This info is already displayed on each PokeDex page. In each dex page, under the "breeding" section, gender ratios are shown. So on Salandit's page here, you'll see:

answered by
Darn, I've been ninja'd D:
1 vote

These are already shown on the Pokémon's information page, under "Breeding". For example:

  • Kangaskhan's page shows that Kangaskhan have a 0% chance of being male and 100% chance of being female.
  • Growlithe's page shows that Growlithe have a 75% chance of being male and a 25% chance of being female.
  • Chimchar's page shows that Chimchar (and all starters) have a 87.5% chance of being male and a 12.5% chance of being female.
  • Scyther's page shows that Scyther have a 50% chance of being male and a 50% chance of being female.
  • And so on.

In fact, if you look at Salandit's page you'll see that the encounter rate of 12.5%male/87.5% female is there, right under Breeding. So we got you covered, what you're looking for is already there :)

List of Pokémon gender ratios for further reading.

answered by