2v2 Ranked Battles, SWSH
Series 6 banlist is here and oh my am I happy to see so many rigged mons being banned!
However, teambuilding suddenly becomes more difficult, being unable to have a psychic terrain setter or a killer Rillaboom or a speedy Dragapult that spams dragon darts.
Whimsicott is suddenly banned and tailwind/beat up no longer becomes an option.
No more Togekiss too.
So my question is:
What will thrive this season?
More specifically: (Don't need to answer all of them)
1. Which Pokemon will sit on top? List a few good Sweepers in the new format, good support mons and bulky Pokemon.
2. Things will change as mons such as Tyranitar, Torkoal, Cinderace, Rillaboom, Togekiss and Whimsicott are taken down. How will this affect team styles such as Hail teams, sun teams, rain teams, trick room teams, hyper offense or sand teams? Which style of play will be the most dominant in this format?
3. No whimsicott which means Terrakion ultimately gets nerfed. Will Terrakion/Coballion still be used for their sheer attack/defense? How competitive will they be?
4. List some candidates that will replace the banned Pokemon. A running joke: Tsareena > Rillaboom.
5. What will be the new Intimidate pivots? No more Incineroar which means potential for Arcanine or Scrafty or Hitmontop to shine.
6. Urshifu is most likely going to be the new king. Single or Rapid? Please provide moveset and justification.
7. Prospects for the following Pokemon:
a) Goodra (Weakness Policy)+ Comfey? - Seen a lot of these on Showdown. Would it be an actual combo that we will see in ranked battles?
b) Rain teams? (Politoed + Kingdra) - No joke...
c) Lapras? (GMAX) - With gmax, attacks deal less damage which will be crucial for more frail Pokemon to tank a hit or two. No more Rillaboom means Lapras can become a large threat.
d) Arcanine? - Nice speed. However, its defenses are worrying. Can it possibly substitute Incineroar despite the fact that nearly everything super effective against it will OHKO?
e) Snorlax? - Massive bulk. Does it have any potential? Speed swap teams? Trick Room? Belly Drum?
f) Amoongus' usage - Has great access to spore and rage powder. What are its prospects in the new series? Will it be seemingly everywhere or only in specific teams, e.g. Trick Room/Rain.
Last but not least, could you please provide a few sample teams that will seemingly excel in the new format?
It's a lot of questions, but I feel like it will be extremely rewarding for the months to come!