Hi. For those of you who don’t know, I’m hosting MrKijani’s Battle of the Titans tourney. This is a single-elimination tournament that will incorporate the biggest and burliest of Pokemon. There won’t be another tour until the latter half of Autumn, so don’t miss your chance to sign up!
- Each Pokemon must be at least 5 feet tall OR weigh at least 500 pounds
- Only one Uber Pokemon allowed
- Only two OU Pokemon allowed
- Banlist: Red Orb, Blue Orb, DM-Necrozma, Power Construct, Geomancy, Arceus-Normal
- To be played in Smogon’s Uber format
Can you fit the requirements and still make a creative team? With these bans you may have to dip into UU, RU, and NU. No spamming those OP Gen6/Gen7 legendaries either. Let's get this battle under way, prepare for the ground to rumble because it's the
BATTLE OF THE TITANS!!!
*This tourney was suggested a while ago, so the banlist is outdated. Red Orb, DM-Necrozma, and Geomancy will be banned instead of Kyogre. Blue Orb, Yveltal, Xerneas, and Power Construct are also bannable, so if you want, leave a comment below or in your signup post telling what you think should or should not be banned.
EDIT: Based on the majority of votes, Blue Orb and Power Construct are banned. Thanks for your support.
ANOTHER EDIT: Arceus-Normal is banned.
- Note that Pokemon’s height and weight are determined prior to mega evolution or form changing. For example, Mega Mewtwo Y is allowed since Mewtwo’s base form is over 5 feet
- Also note that UUBL Pokemon aren’t affected by the rule limiting OU Pokemon
Basic rules that will be forever reiterated:
- Single elimination best of one bracket tournament
- Battles are to be held in the DB Showdown! server
- Smogon clauses apply
- Spectators cannot influence players’ decisions; participants cannot accept outside help
- You don’t have to use the same team throughout the tournament
- SAVE YOUR REPLAYS!
How to participate
If you wish to sign up for the Battle of the Titans tour, please leave an answer down below. Include your Pokemon Showdown! username, timezone, and if you want, who you want to be banned. For example:
Ban: Blue Orb, Yveltal, Power Construct, Stakataka
Signing up means commiting to playing; you are only given 1 week to battle your opponents. If players fail to battle within the time limit, the person who made the least effort loses by default. If both players seem to make lots of effort, but still can’t battle, extensions can be made.
Matchups for Round 1 will be posted on Saturday, September 29th. Organize a battle with your opponent, preferably by posting on their wall or commenting on their answer. Make sure to save battle replays.
MrKijani’s Battle of the Titans
Approved by sumwun