Hidden Machines (HMs) in Gold/Silver/Crystal
Below are all the Pokémon from Gold, Silver & Crystal with the HMs they can learn. Pokémon Gold & Silver added two new HMs to the five from Generation 1 - both used in water. Generation 2 also adds a
Move Deleter character, allowing Pokémon to forget HM moves once learned.
The Pokémon can be filtered by ticking the checkboxes. This is useful for deciding on an
HM Slave - a Pokémon knowing only HM moves, to save all four spots for good moves on other Pokémon.
Where to find the HMs in Gold/Silver/Crystal.
- Cut: Ilex Forest (catch runaway Farfetch'd)
- Fly: Cianwood City (Gym - from Chuck's wife after defeating Chuck)
- Surf: Ecruteak City (from director of Ecruteak Dance Theater after defeating the Kimono Girls)
- Strength: Olivine City (from house next to PokéCenter)
- Flash: Sprout Tower (3F, defeat the head Sage)
- Whirlpool: Mahogany Town (defeat Team Rocket)
- Waterfall: Ice Path (1F)
Pokémon HM chart