(Artwork by Kurt Freundlich on Twitter) (pretend thats a Mew)
Welcome one and welcome all once again to the latest installment of the Pokemon Database seasonal tournaments! I have returned from the depths of near-inactivity to bring you today the Mewtronome Only tournament, from the mind of moderator extraordinaire and known British person, PX!
Rules (modified 2/13/2023)
- Adapted from Mono Smeargle Metronome Tournament, original rules can be found here.
- This tournament will be conducted in the Pure Hackmons format.
- Only Mew is allowed, and a team of 6 is required.
- All Mews must have Metronome as their only move.
- You may use any combination of EVs, IVs, and Natures you desire
- All Mews must have
Moody Synchronize as their ability
- The only permitted item is the Leppa Berry
- Terastallization will be banned for this tournament
- If you or your opponent gets the move Imprison, restart the battle
- If you or your opponent gets the moves Disable, Taunt, or Torment while the other person is down to their final Mew, restart the battle
- Battles will be best of 1
Other Basic Rules:
- Battles will be conducted on the Pokemon DB Showdown server unless otherwise announced
- Standard Smogon PH battle clauses apply
- Spectators may not influence a player's decisions, nor can players accept outside help during a battle
- Save your replays
Please post all battle replays to the thread here. If a battle between two players is not conducted before the set deadline, then I will decide whether an extension will be granted or if a player will be disqualified for inactivity.
I will be watching each replay to ensure these rules are followed, and should they be broken, the results will not be accepted and the battle must be redone. Further rule violations will result in disqualification.
Please read sumwun's guidelines for tournament participation before signing up.
For those interested in signing up, please post an answer below. Your answer should include your Pokemon Showdown username, your time zone, and what hours and days you will be available to battle normally. As an example of how to sign up:
Showdown Username: Finchwidget
Time Zone: GMT -5 (Eastern Standard Time)
Availability: Generally available all day on weekends, or on weekdays after 9:00 PM
Sign-ups will close on Saturday, February 18th at 12:00 AM EST, and first round match-ups will be posted within 24 hours of closing.
Use a time zone converter to help you decide battle times.