PokéBase - Pokémon Q&A
5 votes
1,202 views

If you have a good competitive moveset for Galarian Zapdos, post an answer below and upvote the best ones.

Be sure to include full set details in your post, e.g. items, abilities, natures and EVs. Some explanation, including the intended game mode for your set, is also appreciated. Access the full list of guidelines here.

Galarian Zapdos Pokédex and learnset for reference.

Galarian Zapdos sprite

by

8 Answers

9 votes

[email protected] Sash
Zapdos
Ability:Defiant
Nature:Adamant/Jolly
EVs:252 Atk/252 Spe
0 Def, SpD, and HP IVs
•Agility
•Reversal
•Acrobatics
•Throat Chop/Thunderous Kick
Focus Sash set. Set agility and let them activate sash. Then you have 200 powered Reversal and 110 power Arcobatics at your disposal. You can run Throat Chop for coverage or Thunderous Kick just in case they don’t activate sash or you got hurt by hazards

by
edited by
I still don't know how to use images
I only know how to do the ones from this site. I go to the sprites page, click it, and copy the bottom link, and paste it here
If you’re running Focus sash I’d suggest removing the HP EVs and having 0 IVs in HP, defense, and Special defense
Good point, thank you
2 votes


Zapdos-Galar @ Choice Band
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Thunderous Kick
- Blaze Kick / close combat
- Brave Bird
This is a pretty simple one, U-turn is recommended on choice item users, thunderous kick is op, blaze kick is for coverage but you can always give up coverage if you want a better OHKO chance and replace it with close combat and brave Bird is obvious.

Hope I helped!

by
edited ago by
it would be pointless to have Blaze Kick/Close Combat as well as Thunderous Kick and Brave Bird, as those 2 moves cover everything Blaze Kick would cover anyway, and get STAB, and you don't want 2 fighting moves. Maybe go Steel Wing instead since your choiced, for fairy coverage.
2 votes

VGC

Zapdos-Galar @ Focus Sash
Ability: Defiant
Level: 50
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Coaching
- Close Combat
- Drill Peck / Dual Wingbeat (counters focus sash users)
- Protect

Coaching user that also has Max Airstream and counters Intimidate with Defiant.

by
edited by
2 votes

Zapdos-Galar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Thunderous Kick
- Throat Chop
- U-turn

Choice Scarf set. Brave Bird is STAB. Thunderous Kick is also STAB and lowers the opponent's defense. Throat Chop is for Ghost types. U-Turn is for pivoting.

by
2 votes

Zapdos-Galar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Stomping Tantrum/Throat Chop
- Close Combat
This set saw use in the early CT OU meta. Brave Bird is powerful stab. U-turn is for pivoting. Close combat does more damage than thunderous kick. Stomping Tantrum hits Toxapex hard, something its other moves couldn't do. Throat chop for ghost types if you wanted it, I personally prefer stomping Tantrum tho

by
edited by
1 vote

Zapdos-G @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature

  • Close Combat
  • Brave Birb (please don't edit this lol)
  • Blaze Kick / Stomping Tantrum / Steel Wing
  • U-Turn

Only one of the Galarian Birbs with a decent movepool. Close Combat is STAB, Brave Birb as STAB and to assert dominance over the foolish Braviary and Talonflame who think they are braver birbs. Blaze kick is good coverage, Stomping Tantrum crushes Electric types, Steel Wing for Fairies, and U-Turn to do a solid amount of damage, hit Psychic types super-effectively, and to bring out an ally that can take care of the rest.

by
1 vote

Zapdos-Galar @ Life Orb/Choice Band
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Thunderous Kick
- Brave Bird/ Steel Wing
- U-turn
- Stomping Tantrum
Using Life Orb would be good for the U-Turn set. Else, use Choice Band. Thunderous Kick is for STAB and covers Ice types. Brave Bird is also for STAB, U-Turn can quickly switch out Zapdos at low health, and also cover Psychic types. Steel Wing is an option to cover fairy type threats. Stomping Tantrum covers Electric type threats.
Recommended teammates:
Regieleki-Resists the only thing this set can't cover-Flying types. Also, being the fastest Pokemon in competitive battling, it quickly OHKO flying types.
I've hoped I've helped!

by
0 votes

Galarian Zapdos @ Choice Scarf
Role: Sweeper
Ability: Defiant
EVs; 252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP
Nature: Jolly
IVs: 0 Special Attack
- Thunderous Kick
- Brave Bird
- Throat Chop
- Steel Wing

This Pokemon is the best of the three Galarian Birds in my opinion. It has amazing stats, especially Attack and Speed. King's Rock can make opposing Pokemon flinch if they have sashes, and I ran Jolly nature for extra Speed. Thunderous Kick and Brave Bird are this Pokemon's main STAB moves. Throat Chop for Psychic types and Steel Wing for Fairy types. Also for Thunderous Kick and Brave Bird they can turn into Max Knuckle and Max Airstream when in Dynamax to boost Attack and Speed.

by
edited by
Why is this upvoted? 10% flinch chance means it won't flinch 90% of the time. King's Rock is a pretty useless item
It may only be 10% but even if it doesn't activate Zapdos can still live a hit.
Galarian Zapdos is not a bulky attacker, its a fast, frail, powerful physical attacker with weaknesses to some of the most common attacks in the game, like Ice Beam, Moonblast, Thunderbolt, and Psychic. You could've chosen any item for a fast frail attacker, but you chose King's Rock? You're putting your all your hopes of winning into a terrible item with only a 10% chance to activate. Base 100 Speed was super fast generations ago, now there's Sand Rush Excadrill and Pheromosa running around everywhere. Max 328 is slower than Garchomp, which isn't exactly speedy by OU standards. Flinches only happen when you outspeed, which makes King's Rock an even more useless item