Please check the list of rules below before submitting a moveset on one of our moveset questions.
- Only post competitive movesets, not in-game movesets for use during the main story. Movesets intended for the Battle Tree and similar facilities count as competitive movesets.
- Include ALL standard set details. This means item, nature, EVs, ability and moves. It is also helpful to mention your intended game mode; for example, Gen 8 Smogon OU or VGC 2020.
- One question per final form only. Movesets for Pokemon that are not fully evolved belong on their final form's page. Do not post your own moveset thread unless you have permission.
- Post one moveset per answer, so that others can vote on them separately. If you have multiple movesets, you can post more than one answer.
- Be descriptive. You can make a clearer, better-quality response by explaining your strategy, why it is effective, and when it's best utilised.
Additionally, make note of relevant guidelines from the standard rules list, such as to avoid duplicate answers and to submit your moveset as an answer, not a comment.
Please also be aware that raw stats are not a substitute for EVs. If you're not well-acquainted with EVs and how to use them, then you should learn about them before giving advice to other people. Saying 'choose your own EVs' will not be accepted either.
n.b. We have separate threads for Alolan and Galarian form Pokemon, but not for other Pokemon with form differences, e.g. Meowstic or Giratina. In the past, we have also allowed separate threads for the Little Cup format.
The following is an example of a moveset response that enacts the above guidelines. It follows a Showdown-importable syntax, which has become a standard when sharing movesets for competitive Pokemon.
Salamence @ Salamencite
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 68 SpD
- Dragon Dance / Defog
This moveset is for Gen 7 Battle Spot Singles. It is an alternative to the usual set-up sweeper Mega Salamence, utilising 95 / 130 / 90 defences and a decent defensive typing to deny prominent threats such as Blaziken, Landorus-T, Breloom and Excadrill. Its first switch-in will activate Intimidate: and combined with Mega Evolution, will immediately shut down most physical attackers, allowing you to use a support move. Salamence is also useful thoughout the game, using Roost to assist survivability, and Dragon Dance to decrease its passivity and capitalise when it walls an opponent. Roar allows Salamence to remove sweepers like Mimikyu, Blaziken and Gyarados, and Defog proves a worthy consideration that allows Salamence to clear entry hazards. The selected EVs prevent Mimikyu from getting an OHKO on Salamence at +2, or a 2KHO at +0. They also prevent Aegislash receiving a 2HKO from Shadow Ball.
(Updated Mar 2020 by Fizz.)